SASS Wire Forum

SASS Championship Buckle for 2022 EOT Category Champions

On 3/26/2022 at 7:00 AM, john brown said:

Easy fix seeing YOUR club is actually in control  1 Raise fees  2 cut back on categories 3 set your club standards and stick to them and tell SASS HQ your requirements. Called tough LOVE

I believe there is a contract from SASS that dictates certain things.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/25/2022 at 10:59 PM, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

I'd toss B-Western and Classic since you could always shoot other categories with those firearms and styles and clothes.  I'd make categories for ages 10 years apart for anything senior and above to start

@Tennessee williams get the popcorn! BW and Classic Cowboy? Seriously? Ages 10 apart is good. 

Hugs!

Scarlett

Just now, Scarlett said:

@Tennessee williams get the popcorn! BW and Classic Cowboy? Seriously? Ages 10 apart is good. 

Hugs!

Scarlett

I understand the resistance but that is no longer just four categories it's 24 (it's gender base, senior, silver senior, elder statesman, cattle baron,el patron, and  el rey, - both genders.  Anyone can dress and shoot in these costumes in any other category.  I know many don't remember but there was a time when neither existed as separate categories.   Folks that wanted the CC category felt, "Hey I like shooting big bore guns and I like wearing chaps but I can't WIN if I do so lets create a category that let's me do that and win a prize.   Zero fun is lost just folks wanting to get rewarded for wearing better clothes.  I get it but 24 categories is nuts.

If anyone is interested there is some information on the wayback machine.

You can wade through the pdfs and get the scores by category and overall for several years.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://winterrange.com/*

Remember....Don't put anything on the internet that you don't want to see later.....

Vic

34 minutes ago, Yellowstone Vic SASS#32968 said:

If anyone is interested there is some information on the wayback machine.

You can wade through the pdfs and get the scores by category and overall for several years.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://winterrange.com/*

Remember....Don't put anything on the internet that you don't want to see later.....

Vic

Thanks Vic - timeconsuming but useful if you really want to find info.  I did find the app for 2007 - 21 categories then. 

6 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Then you do not sign a contract that does not meet your standards.

Best wishes

6 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

If there are issues with a contract do not sign it .

Bst wishes

5 hours ago, john brown said:

If there are issues with a contract do not sign it .

Bst wishes

Signed contracts are not always honored, and there is usually little to gain to file a Law Suit over the Breach. 

5 hours ago, Snakebite said:

Signed contracts are not always honored, and there is usually little to gain to file a Law Suit over the Breach. 

Quite true  I would not think for a moment that would happen in SASS.

On 3/27/2022 at 9:56 PM, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

I understand the resistance but that is no longer just four categories it's 24 (it's gender base, senior, silver senior, elder statesman, cattle baron,el patron, and  el rey, - both genders.  Anyone can dress and shoot in these costumes in any other category.  I know many don't remember but there was a time when neither existed as separate categories.   Folks that wanted the CC category felt, "Hey I like shooting big bore guns and I like wearing chaps but I can't WIN if I do so lets create a category that let's me do that and win a prize.   Zero fun is lost just folks wanting to get rewarded for wearing better clothes.  I get it but 24 categories is nuts.

Point taken - and I agree  - have a BW category Open and Ladies... the Senior/Silver Senior etc... breakouts that I find excessive... Now its MY turn to get the push back... I know I know "our sport is aging" and those folks want to win... and, go NO MORE than 3-5 deep. 

Hugs,

Scarlett

Email I received from Misty today,

“I am pleased to let you know that we have intervened and have beautiful custom buckles worthy of your achievement on order for every Category World Champion at END of TRAIL 2022. Your World Champion buckle will be shipped- as our gift to you - within 6-8 weeks.”

Misty Moonshine, SASS #83232

Misty D. Miller

Chief Executive Officer

The Single Action Shooting Society, Inc.

24 minutes ago, Lash Toru said:

Email I received from Misty today,

“I am pleased to let you know that we have intervened and have beautiful custom buckles worthy of your achievement on order for every Category World Champion at END of TRAIL 2022. Your World Champion buckle will be shipped- as our gift to you - within 6-8 weeks.”

Misty Moonshine, SASS #83232

Misty D. Miller

Chief Executive Officer

The Single Action Shooting Society, Inc.

WOW. Way to step up in a big way.

On 3/22/2022 at 9:22 PM, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

If they presented nicer buckles but only went only 3 or 5 deep, wouldn't there be folks here admonishing then for not going 10 deep?

Is this more about not meeting expectations based on previous experience?

And, if so, are those expectations based on previous Winter Range matches or EOT experiences?

Let us be honest for a minute.  These buckles are going to wind up at a flea market or in a shoebox in the attic after you receive your Great Reward. 

If the buckle has some swag, like real jewels, gold and silver inlay, great design that will give it prestige and "value", then your grandchildren may keep it and display it on a shelf on Holidays.  When awards go 10 deep, and you've been shooting for 10 years, and have 100 buckles  - how will your family know which to keep ?  How many shoeboxes in the attic do you really want?

And If I hear the remarks about how old the participant population is, and how our game is "aging", I'll ask you to re-read the first paragraph.

IMHO, buckles should be very hard to get, and very expensive.

On 3/30/2022 at 4:07 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I think what SASS is doing to cover this situation is Impressive/Outstanding...

They didn't have to do this...so...thanks!

Phantom

Is SASS still getting $5.00 per shooter per day? If so, that's $15,000.00 for doing absolutely nothing. Sure they can afford to pay for some buckles.

Swiss

38 minutes ago, Swiss Kid, SASS #54030 said:

Is SASS still getting $5.00 per shooter per day? If so, that's $15,000.00 for doing absolutely nothing. Sure they can afford to pay for some buckles.

Swiss

Just curious, where did you come up with those numbers? The state matches pay SASS $5 per shooter and regionals pay $7 per shooter, that's for the entire match. I don't know about Nationals and World shoots. 

3 hours ago, Swiss Kid, SASS #54030 said:

Swiss

My opinion is that's kind of a crappy comment. 

I don't care what portion of the entry fee "they" get. "They" didn't have to do squat. Someone always has to piss on someone else's good deed. It's actually pretty hard to get on this cowboys short list, but you sure made it look easy.

4 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

From who

I never point fingers at anyone I will only say go back and read all the replies it is there .

SASS made a very smart business decision with providing buckles . I also applaud the decision.

Best wishes

11 hours ago, Assassin said:

Just curious, where did you come up with those numbers? The state matches pay SASS $5 per shooter and regionals pay $7 per shooter, that's for the entire match. I don't know about Nationals and World shoots. 

Maybe I was wrong. In that case, my apologies to SASS.

Swiss

13 hours ago, Swiss Kid, SASS #54030 said:

Swiss

I love people who post about SASS getting money for doing nothing,  and they post it on the website that SASS, yes SASS pays a good chunk of funds to maintain that website and the WIRE for our benefit.  Besides shooting, the wire is one of the biggest benefits of SASS, from gun information, events, loading, advice, friendships and others, ALL at no cost, even if you're paying dues or not. 

18 hours ago, Swiss Kid, SASS #54030 said:

Swiss

Someone might need to take a business class.

Archived