SASS Wire Forum

SASS Championship Buckle for 2022 EOT Category Champions

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Didn't Ruger sponsor the awards?

Perhaps Clydus', and as Singin Sue pointed out Yul Lose on LOCAS.   Taylor was sponsor for main match buckles but doubt they had input to the cosmetics of buckles.

Hello All,

Just for clarification of 2021 EOT awards at Paradise Pass. 

Paradise Pas was only the geographical location since New Mexico was still on covid restriction.

SASS HQ took care of all event items including the awards. We merely prepared and provided the property, stages, and infrastructure

for the event. 

I do know SASS is working on options with the buckle provider to give some type of option, so please be patient.

36 minutes ago, C.C. Top said:

Hello All,

Just for clarification of 2021 EOT awards at Paradise Pass. 

Paradise Pas was only the geographical location since New Mexico was still on covid restriction.

SASS HQ took care of all event items including the awards. We merely prepared and provided the property, stages, and infrastructure

for the event. 

I do know SASS is working on options with the buckle provider to give some type of option, so please be patient.

And, an outstanding job done with fairly short time to make the accommodations for such a large number.  I have no doubt you can, with more notice, make ready for larger attendance.  If and when that time arrives, I hope I am there to see it take place.  Enjoyed my time at Paradise Pass.

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

LOCAS is a seperate entity...

Yul has supplied the buckles from day one. As far as I know, still does.

This is the first year that I’m not the sponsor. Gun cart building has become a full time plus hobby and I believe Shotgun Boogie is the LOCAS buckle sponsor now.

30 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

This is the first year that I’m not the sponsor. Gun cart building has become a full time plus hobby and I believe Shotgun Boogie is the LOCAS buckle sponsor now.

Thank you Yul.

And Thank you Boogie for stepping up for the LOCAS.

Yul...you still do so much, you gun cart raffles, ect.

Love you so!

2 hours ago, Slick McClade said:

World Champion Buckle

vs

Bingo Champion Buckle

I’m truly at a loss for words :( 

44422EFA-558B-490A-B30B-D4C98D4FDAB2.thumb.jpeg.54270146b60468d0c2301a87de9d09e6.jpeg

Obviously the bingo championship Is what sass is all about. 

2 hours ago, Slick McClade said:

World Champion Buckle

vs

Bingo Champion Buckle

I’m truly at a loss for words :( 

44422EFA-558B-490A-B30B-D4C98D4FDAB2.thumb.jpeg.54270146b60468d0c2301a87de9d09e6.jpeg

Which one's yours. Lol

Or both. I'm going to stop now before I get in trouble. 

Does anyone know how much the host organization for the 2022 EOT spent on buckles and other awards since it was out of their pockets?

Would be interesting to know how much compared to what SASS spent on past EOT's?

On 3/20/2022 at 10:29 PM, Desert Pete SASS #42168 said:

Not long ago folks were complaining about the location of EOT.  Now folks are complaining about the prizes.  It makes one wonder why any club would want to bother to put on EOT?

I see...so folks should just accept what is given regardless...gotcha.

EOT has a $150K+ budget.

I would like to see the goal (mission statement) regarding awards.

A potential of 550 buckles and 275 trophies has got to be $$$$

4 minutes ago, wyliefoxEsquire said:

EOT has a $150K+ budget.

I would like to see the goal (mission statement) regarding awards.

A potential of 550 buckles and 275 trophies has got to be $$$$

Not what I would call a money maker. I would be proud of any award I received  just for having a good time. A hug from Scarlet would do.:rolleyes:

Branchwater,

I remember; it was my second EOT.

I wear mine on my gun belt after doing some modifications and putting it on a badge holder.

There was quite a discussion that year and they went back to buckles the following.

The category champion that year was a nice buckle though, I believe.

Vic

2 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Anybody else remember the year EOT gave out badges for the top 10 instead of buckles?

That was done one year at the NC State match.  It was very well received.  

29 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

That's interesting... Everyone that I knew hated them.

Different strokes I guess.

PM me.  I'd like to know who was at that match that hated them. 

Nice

Badge

Plaque

Buckle

4 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Let us put those badges from 2017 in context

download.jpeg.64a4a279cbb8d7eb2fb76d7dd267ebab.jpeg

And Winter Range that year

IMG_8313.thumb.PNG.bbb14201230c4b412d7177b9bf98bde6.png.76cff6d65b11fc8ca926f7c72aa23316.png

16 minutes ago, Stump Water said:

Different strokes I guess.

PM me.  I'd like to know who was at that match that hated them. 

I'm...sorry...my notes are stored away someplace.

A few of us were reminiscing about failed awards after this year's Ben Avery performance...the badges came up... We all laughed.

Could not help to notice the side match awards were varied regarding the number of places awarded.

48 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I'm...sorry...my notes are stored away someplace.

A few of us were reminiscing about failed awards after this year's Ben Avery performance...the badges came up... We all laughed.

On 3/22/2022 at 12:35 PM, john brown said:

Not what I would call a money maker. I would be proud of any award I received  just for having a good time. A hug from Scarlet would do.:rolleyes:

I got both.  The hug was nice and I was surprised to earn Top Ten Buckle.  I got one of those 2017 Top Ten badges too.   It was my first Top Ten award at EOT and I didn't complain about the badge a bit.  I analyzed my two boo boos at this EOT and figured out how to avoid them in the future.  Beyond that I don't think about the match other than remembering the gorgeous train props.  Instead I'm reloading ammo for the 4-Corners Regional and making camping reservations for Spring and Summer matches.  I did give feedback that the wind conditions were awful for the clays side matches.  However, the AZ Rangers don't control the weather.  At least there wasn't a day of torrential rain and ankle deep mud.  We also avoided some intense dust storms along I-10 before EOT.  My wife and I went home happy and safe.

Well if folks don't give a damn... Weigh success on a hug and getting to hang with friends...then we'll keep getting what we get.

What's the point... Spend a couple grand to hang out.

Not for me anymore.

Phantom

Serious question...

If they presented nicer buckles but only went only 3 or 5 deep, wouldn't there be folks here admonishing then for not going 10 deep?

Is this more about not meeting expectations based on previous experience?

And, if so, are those expectations based on previous Winter Range matches or EOT experiences?

To be very honest when I started any match went only 3 deep. At that time when you placed in the top three the awards really meant something and you were proud to be in that select group.

Now with our “everyone should get an award”  world we live in, it has actually taken away the true feeling of having won when almost everyone that shows up gets an award.

I would rather go back to that time and give much nicer awards 3 deep.

WR was known fort their trophies...5 deep and buckles to ten. EOT 3 do trophies and buckles to 10 with World Champ buckles to the winners.

My understanding is that the "WR" folks didn't want to recognize certain categories and SASS said that if the min required number of folks sign up for a category then that category has to be supported with awards.

So...hence the change in awards... And I think the increase in recognized categories over the previous match WR 2020 was 6 categories...so big deal<_<

I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me:rolleyes:

The application stated that men's categories required 7 or more,  ladies 3 or more.

There were 4 categories that were awarded that had less than the above.

47% of the categories had 10 or less shooters.

Basically, I feel, that it was the goal to hand out top 10.  Potentially there could have been 550 top ten buckles.

There should be a limit on awards based on number of shooters in a category.  

4 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

WR was known fort their trophies...5 deep and buckles to ten. EOT 3 do trophies and buckles to 10 with World Champ buckles to the winners.

My understanding is that the "WR" folks didn't want to recognize certain categories and SASS said that if the min required number of folks sign up for a category then that category has to be supported with awards.

So...hence the change in awards... And I think the increase in recognized categories over the previous match WR 2020 was 6 categories...so big deal<_<

I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, wyliefoxEsquire said:

The application stated that men's categories required 7 or more,  ladies 3 or more.

There were 4 categories that were awarded that had less than the above.

47% of the categories had 10 or less shooters.

Basically, I feel, that it was the goal to hand out top 10.  Potentially there could have been 550 top ten buckles.

There should be a limit on awards based on number of shooters in a category.  

So you throw out the way things have been done for... Like... Forever??

Come on... That's weak!

Archived