SASS Wire Forum

SASS Championship Buckle for 2022 EOT Category Champions

Anyone that won their category at EOT this year that would like a SASS Championship Buckle made hold off on ordering one as SASS is going to offer one with a special design for the Category Winners. Please don't call SASS to order one just yet. I'm sure there will be an announcement when they can be ordered.

Stan

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome !!! This idea has already been a discussion topic among many shooters that fall into this group.

Thank you to all involved in making this happen, especially Misty & SASS for being willing to make this a possibility.

Slick

1 hour ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

Anyone that won their category at EOT this year that would like a SASS Championship Buckle made hold off on ordering one as SASS is going to offer one with a special design for the Category Winners. Please don't call SASS to order one just yet. I'm sure there will be an announcement when they can be ordered.

Stan

Excellent!!

2 hours ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

Stan

Oh my- are they gonna look like the buckles wrestlers or boxers get?

32 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Oh my- are they gonna look like the buckles wrestlers or boxers get?

I don't think so...but I'm sure they'll look more like the buckles that are commensurate with the title "World Champion".

Phantom

I think that is appropriately respectable.   The winners put in a lot of work and effort to help make SASS and CAS what it is today.

Recognition for their 'championship' status is most worthy.

..........Widder

35 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

So, category winners this year didn’t receive SASS EOT’s buckles??

SASS only provides buckles to overall winners at the championship level.

All other match awards are the responsibility of the hosting club.

SASS previously provided all the awards at EOT because they were hosting the match.

19 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

SASS only provides buckles to overall winners at the championship level.

All other match awards are the responsibility of the hosting club.

SASS previously provided all the awards at EOT because they were hosting the match.

So apparently SASS provided the buckles last year or did the host club Paradise Pass provide them. 

2 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

So apparently SASS provided the buckles last year or did the host club Paradise Pass provide them. 

As it was explained to me, SASS was the host last year.  They just required a change of venue because of COVID restrictions in New Mexico.

1 hour ago, Dutch Coroner said:

Hmmmm

7544BAF8-0AD9-42F5-8828-C6237D127D33.jpeg

Beautiful buckle DC.  Congrats for sure.  Be nice to see that as standard for few years. 

I have couple of the prior series but as so often the case, Stoney got in my way in 2021.:D

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

Sounds to me like the winners will still have to buy their own.

Very sad if  that is true.  I, as "one of those", just hope for a more satisfying outcome. I trust Misty/SASS to make this right, and I feel she will.   I also  feel The Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders did what they thought was right and financially in their means at time, but, IMHO, it was not.  Perhaps I may never be "one of those" again but hope better for those that are in the future.  I look forward to EOT 2023 hoping lessons learned from 2022.

This is such a great opportunity for Misty/SASS to step up with nice, honorable buckle for perhaps a new series following the year of location change.  2021 PP buckles  (as illustrated by Dutch in prior post) were beautiful buckles that one could wear and be proud to show-off.   EOT has offered attractive champion buckles most every year since I have been shooting CAS (2000 my first EOT)..  I have been blessed to have won a few major title buckles such as EOT and wear them with so much pride.  I have heard so many comments from individuals bragging on the buckle and often inquiring as to the sport.  Heartwarming to see the interest that some would have when CAS was explained to them.  Nice buckles often catch the eye of lookers, some with serious interest.  All who attend major matches with the win  as a goal, especially those who travel thousands of miles, need to feel good with their winning "token".  Besides travel expenses by all shooters, the more serious of competitors spends a fantastic amount of practice time, ammo, mental/physical preparation, etc for that possibility of a special moment "on stage" as award recipient.  

God willing, Sassy and I will be once again home from Ben Avery in March of  2023 feeling that we attended another great match in Arizona.  If you have not been to a ATC of RR Winter Range, now EOT, you have missed some of the nicest fronts/stages and hospitality in SASS.  If you have been then do survey and give praise, as well as criticisms.

1 hour ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

wow.  Just ...wow.

Now, let us be honest....not all the world champions crowned at EOT received buckles that looked like that:

The World Champion "Bingoist" buckle looked pretty nice!

Although I did not "buckle" this year in AZ, I was in the beginning on the bandwagon of who's to blame for the "perceived" change in the quality of the awards,

Buttttttttt,

THE BLAME IS US!.   52 award categories????  Really??????   So if they gave 10 awards to all categories (and I know all did not have 10, but many did)  that would be that 520 awards given out for a shooter count of 681 or potentially 76% of the shooters get an award??????   (The midwest regional gave an award to EVERYONE????  21st place in categories??)   Have we all become about "participation" awards.   I though we do this for the FUN, and for the competition and to be recognized when we have achieved a major accomplishment.   Back in the early Winter Range days, I think there were like 5-7 categories and when you seen someone with a Champion or even a top 10 buckle, it meant something.

WE have created this financial burden on major match holders,  every little shoot announces "Hey were giving buckles" as entry fees continue to climb.

Again, no disrespect to the great shooters who practice tirelessly to achieve perfection that they do at a national level, recognition is well deserved, but the proliferation of categories over the years has caused this great financial burden on the matches in our sport,  had increased the cost to attend these matches and is contributing to the slowing of the sport in my opinion.   Don't blame Misty or SASS and expect them to pay, revenue and income is not UP in SASS but declining, so look to ourselves, which is why they are offering a pay if you want option.  JMHO

On 3/10/2022 at 4:16 PM, Dutch Coroner said:

Hmmmm

7544BAF8-0AD9-42F5-8828-C6237D127D33.jpeg

And well deserving.  Congratulations Uncle Clydus.

And, another happy recipient was my lovely Sassy Boots who received LOCAS' buckle for 2022 Cowgirl of Honor. (pictured with another awesome cowgirl, Scarlett Darlin.)

SASSYs LOCAS Buckle.jpg

LOCAS award with SD.jpg

2 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

I also  feel The Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders did what they thought was right and financially in their means at time, but, IMHO, it was not.

Feel free to contact me...

26 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

And well deserving.  Congratulations Uncle Clydus.

And, another happy recipient was my lovely Sassy Boots who received LOCAS' buckle for 2022 Cowgirl of Honor. (pictured with another awesome cowgirl, Scarlett Darlin.)

SASSYs LOCAS Buckle.jpg

LOCAS award with SD.jpg

We LOCAS can thank Yul Lose...who sponsors the LOCAS buckles.

Correct Yul?

2 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

We LOCAS can thank Yul Lose...who sponsors the LOCAS buckles.

Correct Yul?

EXCELLENT.  Thanks for reminding me/us.  Such a super individual.

Archived