SASS Wire Forum

Has anyone done business with GunsAmerica? Bought grips, thanks

Rest Drifter

GunsAmerica lists the items but I don’t believe they make them.  So I’d guess your experience will be based on who is actually selling them.  I’ve got a pair of Pietta NMA’s and had grips made for them and I can tell you there is a big difference between Pietta and Uberti frames, long story.  Also, as you know the NMA grips have that little half moon at the top of the grips, which apparently has changed a little from year to year, so plan on having to do some fitting and maybe some filling in. 

Very carefully cut and paste the url into https://www.scam-detector.com/

I think there was a spoofed sight that called itself by something legit, but the url was a misspelling…. 
if they only have Bitcoin PayPal Venmo or Zelle, walk away… 

2 hours ago, Rest Drifter said:

Looking to buy some grips for 2 pietta 1858 Remington and GunsAmerica have some listed on their website. Wondering if anyone had bought any from them. 

I got these from Buffalo brothers for my 1875's there is some fitting involved

IMG_0835.jpeg

One thing with GunsAmerica that’s different from GunBroker is that it’s a one to one transaction, GunsAmerica doesn’t get involved in the actual transaction. You’ll be dealing with Mom and Pop shops, Pawns and bigger gun dealers. I had good luck with my purchases, just do your bonefides and don’t use the electronic payment methods that say no guns. I don’t know about you, but if someone wants me to break a rule to do a purchase, I walk away. 

I prefer gunsinternational.com. Not an auction site. Just listings of guns by shops and individuals. My only peeve is that some sellers will leave the item up as a come on. 

Over the years, I have purchased many guns and a handful of accessories via GunBroker and/or GunsInternational.   To be honest, I don't think I've ever bought anything on GunsAmerica.

Not because I think there's anything wrong with GA, I've just never found anything there worth bidding on.  (I think I bid on something once and didn't win, but can't remember for sure.)   I also don't like their interface very much; their search engine gives a lot of results unrelated to what you are searching for.

Guns America is like an ebay for people selling guns.  They are only the host website and do not sell anything themselves.  Your experience will vary depending on the seller.  They do not have as tight of controls nor the rules and reviews like Guns International.  Just check out the seller as thoroughly as you can before sending any money.  

• Rest Drifter changed the title to Has anyone done business with GunsAmerica? Bought grips, thanks

Archived