SASS Wire Forum

Watch your diction.  Watch your diction.  We don't use those four letter words here, and besides, I don't even know what Monday is anymore.  Just another day.

I love retirement.  Nowhere I have to be and all day to get there.

Heard a good one yesterday: "I have no enemies and all my friends hate me."  Think I'll have that put on a shirt.  :P

i guess - really guessing here - its MONDAY i dont know for sure but  ..........i dont have to work , except that my wife has this list .....so , OK , i guess i had to work , but i got my project done for today , i have another for tomorrow and still another for the next day ............i thought retirement was supposed to be restful ????????  or was that another lie we were told ???????   

i want 40s deal , it sounds like he is living the life i have dreamed of 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mondays:

All the calls on my voice mail, from people with a "Wonderful Idea" they came up with on their weekend!

I always wondered if their thinking process also included large quantities of booze or if they had just shut off their brains and common sense.

8-D63-FAF5-FCD3-46-A8-810-B-CFFF61960691.jpg

4 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Mondays:

All the calls on my voice mail, from people with a "Wonderful Idea" they came up with on their weekend!

I always wondered if their thinking process also included large quantities of booze or if they had just shut off their brains and common sense.

8-D63-FAF5-FCD3-46-A8-810-B-CFFF61960691.jpg

............ probably both ...   :mellow:

Tuesdays would start off with calls asking me to cancel their request from the day before, for a variety of reasons: Expense; Lack of budget; illegal and most often, tried several times before and blew up in everyone's faces.

I learned to just note the requests and just get on with my day.

After working as a Municipal Purchasing Agent for several decades and having a file cabinet drawer in my office of similar failures and outright disasters, I was able to save the City a lot of grief.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I work for a small town that absolutely likes their Monday to live up to its name. Fridays are supposed to be better, but we have had six Fridays with a water or sewer main strike by a local phone company boring contractor. All after 2:00........

Just now, Michigan Slim said:

I work for a small town that absolutely likes their Monday to live up to its name. Fridays are supposed to be better, but we have had six Fridays with a water or sewer main strike by a local phone company boring contractor. All after 2:00........

Never ever allow borings on a Friday. They kept the phone company busy too back in my day.

1 minute ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Never ever allow borings on a Friday. They kept the phone company busy too back in my day.

I'm over water, sewer and streets. 

1 minute ago, Michigan Slim said:

I'm over water, sewer and streets. 

Lucky you, I had some very long weekends. Back in 2000 our fiber and copper duct structure got hit twice in 30' by a diamond 4" drill boring horizontal to install pins/anchors to hold a bridge abutment. Just missed the fiber, but got 2 -2400 pr. paper cables. All concrete encased! Up for 65 hours for that one!

On 3/7/2022 at 9:39 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Watch your diction.  Watch your diction.  We don't use those four letter words here, and besides, I don't even know what Monday is anymore.  Just another day.

Sunday afternoons, evenings, and nights are so relaxing now that I'm retired.  I didn't spent Sunday evening spinning up thinking about all the things I needed to do Monday at that four-letter "W" word. ^_^

Archived