SASS Wire Forum

EOT 2022 Scores

Sarival Slim

8 minutes ago, Swiss Kid, SASS #54030 said:

Funny that you blacked out the alias with "black" ink

I've amended that post.

I don't see my time listed. While I didn't shoot, I did spend $200 in 20 minutes at four different vendors! That should count for something.

2 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I don't see my time listed. While I didn't shoot, I did spend $200 in 20 minutes at four different vendors! That should count for something.

New side match next year - speed spending.

I had a MDQ due to not shooting on Saturday. I was put in the hospital Friday night. At least I admit it!!

41 minutes ago, Capt Stephen D Hill, SASS #56151 said:

I had a MDQ due to not shooting on Saturday. I was put in the hospital Friday night. At least I admit it!!

What happened to you?  I hope you are OK now.  BTW, we miss you around these parts!

1 hour ago, Capt Stephen D Hill, SASS #56151 said:

Captain, you were NOT one of the seven MDQ's.  You were scored as a DNF -  A subtle difference.  Hopefully you are feeling better now.

Two of the seven MDQs happened on our posse. One on the first stage of the match. Broken gun belt that dumped a loaded pistol as the shooter was approaching the stage. The other had a pistol pop out of his holster when he stopped on a down range stage at the beginning of the third day. Both competitors cowboyed up and worked the posse for the rest of the match. My hats off to both of them for showing how it’s done. 

11 hours ago, Straight Arrow Hombre said:

Two of the seven MDQs happened on our posse. One on the first stage of the match. Broken gun belt that dumped a loaded pistol as the shooter was approaching the stage. The other had a pistol pop out of his holster when he stopped on a down range stage at the beginning of the third day. Both competitors cowboyed up and worked the posse for the rest of the match. My hats off to both of them for showing how it’s done. 

One happened on ours too. Shooter fumbled a loaded pistol at the loading table and dropped it. Same deal, shooter owned it and continued to help out and congratulated the finishers. Class act and good sportsman. 

On 3/9/2022 at 6:15 PM, Capt Stephen D Hill, SASS #56151 said:

Hope you are healing.

I pinched a nerve or something...I didn't get to shoot at all.

14 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hope you are healing.

I pinched a nerve or something...I didn't get to shoot at all.

I did not have to go to hospital...and Shanley Shooter made sure I had everything I needed here at the 5th wheel...I have since pulled my lower lip in!

Just wait untill 2023!

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I couldn't hold a spoon, much less a pistol!!!:huh:

I am glad you 'unscrambled' your egg....you had a big event. Scared me for you!!!

I still drool a bit when folks aren't looking.

Sorry you didn't get to shoot...hell, I'm sorry I didn't even see you :(

1 minute ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I still drool a bit when folks aren't looking.

Sorry you didn't get to shoot...hell, I'm sorry I didn't even see you :(

I spied you on Monday...but, you were engaged so I waited.

Maybe CAC???

Hug your lovely bride for me!!!

(And I can't blame my drooling on any accident, I just drool!!!)

9 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

How about the speed events? 

I don’t have those. I’ll send an email in the morning to see if I can get them so that they can be posted. 

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I pinched a nerve in my brain years ago...never stopped me.

:mellow:

We agree Capt Obvious :):)

On 3/8/2022 at 6:48 PM, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

this shooter shot 11,12,9,10 on Thursday, then 3,4,1,2 on Friday and then 7,8 (3 misses) and DNF'ed 5,6.  Not the best showing of character

score.jpg

In response to your post, the shooter you are referring to is my son, Matt Black. The fact of the matter is during the stage in which the three misses occurred, he abruptly experienced dizziness. He completed the stage and unloaded his firearms. When he got to the cart, I was there, and he said he didn’t feel right. He was lightheaded and pale in complexion. We walked back to my truck together, where he could get a much needed drink of water. I retrieved his belongings from the stage and returned to the vehicle. At that time, I could see his condition had become worse, so I rushed him to the emergency room. They treated him for extreme dehydration and administered an IV. He was there into the evening under observation. 
A shooting match is in no way as important as my son's health, and I was the one who took him from the game. 

Joe Lafives, 
I appreciate your integrity and your well wishes for Matt Black. He is doing better physically yet emotionally, not as much. He feels he has let people down by not finishing the match. I assured him he didn’t let me down and his faithful friends would understand. Initially, he was embarrassed that he had a medical issue on the range; However, Matt didn’t want it to look like he just quit because that’s not what happened. As proud as I am of my son for the shooter he is, I am even more proud of the person he is on and off the range. For people to jump to conclusions without asking what happened shows lack of character and is certainly not my idea of the cowboy way. 

Aside from that,  we are both happy for Deadeye Dillard as he is a good friend of ours and a grand champion! While I didn’t shoot the match myself, Matt Black thought the match was fantastic. He couldn’t have been happier with his posse, and enjoyed the stages of the match he was able to shoot despite what happened on day 3. 

Archived