SASS Wire Forum

EOT 2022 Scores

Sarival Slim

Well...EOT 2022 has come to the End of its Trail. Weather was accommodating :), hope Ya'll had a good time. Here are the Category scores. We (I) will have all of the scores posted on the endoftrail.org website by end of business on Wednesday.

EOT 22 end.jpg

Scores by Category Main Match 03032022[7755].pdf

Match Final Total Time Main Match 03032022[7754].pdf

21 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

And it does not appear to show the match DQ shooters.

They will not show them. The SASS program only shows shooters who completed every course of fire.

7 MDQ's and approx 35 DNF's and no this is not a record.  For old Winter Range, the record was 821.  For 2006 EOT it was approx 1200 (that was held over two separate weeks however (approx 500 the first week and 700 the second).

8 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

And it does not appear to show the match DQ shooters.

According to SASS rules, MDQ shooters should not show up on the score sheet.

SHB pg 24

The score for a Match Disqualification Penalty (MDQ) is “NO SCORE.” A MDQ results in the removal of the contestant from all score sheets; thus, removal from the match entirely.

9 hours ago, Flying W Ramrod said:

Both say This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Your Computer restricts downloading and/or reading PDF formatted files?

If you're having a problem downloading them check your Popup Blocker and make sure it allows Popups on this page or disable it.

BTW, it's endoftrail.org ,not .com

33 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I believe they've had upwards of 720 in the old days.

This year there were 681 shooters that completed the match.  As Joe La Fives noted there were 7 MDQs and 35 DNFs which is a total of 723 that started the match which was the target number of shooters.  The number of potential shooters is a simple math and time question.  There are 12 stages and 3 waves.  That is 36 posses.  Each wave has three hours to shoot their four stages each day.  That is 45 minutes per stage.  20 people per posse is 20 shooters x 36 posses or 720.  Each person added to a posse adds 36 to the total number of shooters, i.e., 720, 756, 792, etc.  There are only so many hours in a day so the time cannot change and as each additional shooter is added there is a risk of a backup if there is a delay in the shooting.  Winter Range added shooters and did meet the 792 (or slightly above) number a few times but it is always a risk as there is nothing more frustrating for shooters that to stand around waiting for their turn to shoot if there is a backup. This year it appears the EOT board decided to limit the match to 720 shooters.  Logistically it is difficult to go substantially above that number of shooters.

Just for information - Winter Range totals since 2008.  2016 was the Silver Jubilee and had the 821 registered shooters.  I had bounced between leaving MDQ's and DNF's on the report for a few years but since 2015 left them off.

2008 604 plus 13 MDQs and 25 DNFs  Overall Male winner was J.T. Wild and Female winner was Sage Chick.
2009 605 without MDQs and DNFs Overall Male winner was  Badlands Bud and Female winner was Holy Terror
2010 643 without MDQs and DNFs Overall Male winner was Deuce Stevens and Female winner was Two Sons
2011 737 plus 2 MDQs and 16 DNFs Overall Male winner was Lead Dispencer and Female winner was Two Sons
2012 762 plus 8 MDQs and 11 DNFs Overall Male winner was Cobra Cat and Female winner was Addie Rose
2013 743 without MDQs and DNFs Overall Male winner was Robyn DaVault and Female winner was Stormy Shooter
2014 746 plus 3 MDQs and 12 DNFs Overall Male winner was Cobra Cat and Female winner was Dang-it's Darlin'
2015 685 without MDQs and DNFs Overall Male winner was Matt Black and Female winner was Sass Kicker
2016 791 without MDQs and DNFs Overall Male winner was Cody James and Female winner was Sass Kicker
2017 749 without MDQs and DNFs Overall Male winner was Deuce Stevens and Female winner was Sass Kicker
2018 726 without MDQs and DNFs Overall Male winner was Cody James and Female winner was Holy Terror
2019 645 without MDQs and DNFs Overall Male winner was Cody James and Female winner was Holy Terror
2020 690 without MDQs and DNFs Overall Male winner was Whistlin Will and Female winner was Holy Terror

3 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I believe they've had upwards of 720 in the old days.

Jist to clarify John Boy asked the question about a record and you quoted my answer but edited out my part so it looks like I asked the question.

21 hours ago, Shifty Jack, SASS #65353 said:

Is there somewhere to find historical EOT results?

The link on the home page of SASS that had the champions doesn't appear to exist any more.  It was there not too long ago.  :(.

Found it here https://www.sassnet.com/EoT/champions.php.

There is this history link but no results on it https://www.sassnet.com/About-A-Brief-History-001A.php

Additionally the chronicles are archived here https://www.sassnet.com/CCArchive.php

If you start with Aug 2006 you'll get some results  for that year and just hop around August or Sept after that each year.

9 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I'm glad my Google Fu is decent.  So that begs the question of why?  @Phantom, SASS #54973 you can't accept PMs, so care to privately let me know why the exit ?

I tried...you're not accepting PM's from me:o

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

Well, heck I want to know what's going on. I was busy eating ice cream:ph34r:

Dang, I was expecting you to tell me!

On 3/6/2022 at 10:56 PM, Flying W Ramrod said:

Both say This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Looks like it's your permissions.  I'll fix that for you.

I have additional information (can't confirm) but there is enough doubt in my mind that deleting the post seemed best.   The provider of that information can choose to add his information in this thread if he so desires.   I will say there were 13 shooters with partial DNF's.  Their reasons are their own.  There were 20 shooters that were full DNF's so probably could not make the shoot. 

3 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

And it looked rather...tootie-fruity too!

:P

3 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Well, heck I want to know what's going on. I was busy eating ice cream:ph34r:

Well deserved ice cream for sure. While a great appetizer you have earned the real deal so go for it and don't let that Widder fella talk you out of a champion sized nanner split!

Congratulations to both of you!

Respectfully

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived