SASS Wire Forum

Uberti 66 at a gunshow!

Went to a gunshow today to look for bullets and primers.   Nobody had any.  In all truth, there were about half as many GUNS at the show as normal, but plenty of accessories and knives and such, but let that go.

Anyway, at once place that did have guns, I saw an Uberti 73 in .45 Colt for about $1300.  I could afford it, it interested me, but I was not sure.   (Used)   Decided to think about it.   Then I noticed right next to it, an Uberti 66 in the same caliber, again used, for just $700.   I bought it!   So you can still find some good deals at gun shows.  :)

It was a bit gummy and the elevator didn't elevate, but some Gunscrubber and Remoil spray and it now works just fine.  

I think I did well.

Sounds like you did well, but one thing to keep in mind.  Some of the older Uberti's do not use the same replacement parts as the more recently made ones. 

1 hour ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Sounds like you did well, but one thing to keep in mind.  Some of the older Uberti's do not use the same replacement parts as the more recently made ones. 

But with very little work you can fit the new parts to the Old Gun .

They just don't drop in like the new guns now .

10 hours ago, Nickel City Dude said:

I have an older 66 and I use it for a backup to my 73 because if something breaks I’ll have a hard time getting parts. I have a gunsmith here that says he’ll make em fit if something breaks. 

Great buy on the 66. I'd be interested to know some of the parts that are different in the 73's. Thanks 

18 hours ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

So you can still find some good deals at gun shows.  :)

So i've heard, but six shows so far and no luck on my end. I don't know what gun shows were like before the pandemic so that might be why.

I have gone to and even sold at gun shows for the last 40 years .

I have to say they have kept going up and up in price .

It seems to be these days there is Not many good deals at the guns shows very often anymore .

Most gun shows these days are only about 1/2 full of guns and are way over priced.

But once is a wile a blind squirrel will still find a nut .

Rooster

And now, the best thing of all is, if I can make to Guns of August, I have 4 rifles in this caliber, along with plenty of pistols, for me and the the three friends I want to bring can shoot the whole match with the same caliber as they use my stuff.  :)

Been wanting to do THAT for a long time.

Assuming that I'm done with chemo and strong enough to make the trip by then, of course.

Archived