SASS Wire Forum

Today In Santa Rosa California

Subdeacon Joe

13 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

North Dakota production  alone would surpass Russian oil imports 

(Gasp!):o

But you can't be a good global citizen if you do that!

(Read the following in a sarcastic tone for full impact)

Besides, it's just not fair that Americans pay so little for gas!  We ought to be more like Europe- and have to pay $3 a quart for gas instead of complaining about paying $4 for a whole gallon.

3 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

(Gasp!):o

But you can't be a good global citizen if you do that!

(Read the following in a sarcastic tone for full impact)

Besides, it's just not fair that Americans pay so little for gas!  We ought to be more like Europe- and have to pay $3 a quart for gas instead of complaining about paying $4 for a whole gallon.

I know sarcasm for sure but with some of the social signaling we even see here  wont be long before  they change that say that too 

I was leaving Costco yesterday and the employees were whispering between themselves about the gas prices.  The word got out that everyone better fill up after work or on their breaks because the prices were going up overnight.  If I didn't have somewhere to be, I would have sat in the half a block long line (This Costco has 18 pumps) and topped my tank off.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:00 AM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I'm seeing a LOT of gas pumps with these stickers on 'em...  :ph34r:

Biden Harris Gas Pump Decal  16 Pack Gas Pump Decal  I Did image 1

Surprised I haven't spotted any with Emperor Newsom yet, since our prices seem to run about a buck a gallon above the national average.  

I just ordered some, and plan to install them every time I have to go to the gas pump. 

1 minute ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I just ordered some, and plan to install them every time I have to go to the gas pump. 

I see quite a few of those around where I live and travel. Seems to be a universal sentiment.

Sunday the 6th, just south of the soggy Lake Erie shoreline, Northern Ohio --

Just topped off the Jeep --

3.99/gal at both stations in town.

You could always just get $25.00 worth everytime you fill up! It won't feel like your spending so much! You'll just get gas more often!:P

9 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I saw Diesel st $6.22 in Fresno last night.  :(

Well, that will make the price of consumer goods go down. :blink:

Inflation, coming to a town near you soon!

1 hour ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Sunday the 6th, just south of the soggy Lake Erie shoreline, Northern Ohio --

Just topped off the Jeep --

3.99/gal at both stations in town.

$4.15 at the cabin in Michigan. 3.89 in Fort Wayne. I pumped $90.00 and the pump shut off before my tank was full. When I took the job an hour away I could fill my tank for $45.00.

$3.75 yesterday in NH, many of those stickers on the dispenser as well.:(

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I made my own today.

Went to Sams today for other items and decided to get fuel. They had cones set up to create lines to the pumps and had neglected to realize that about 80% of vehicles have the fuel filler on the left side. This, along with idiots that have no idea which side of the car the fuel filler is on, led to people pulling up, stopping, going through the Sams card/credit card/zip code/confirm/card removal/put it back in their purse or wallet/try to get the hose to reach (it doesn't)/move forward to turn around and back in. Meanwhile, as soon as you got in line...you were blocked in...to get out would have meant parting the Red Seas of other vehicles waiting in line.

Oh, back to the sign. While in line, I took a sticky note (caution yellow) and wrote THANKS BRANDON (with an arrow pointed to the left) IDIOT. I knew it wasn't going to stick, so I retrieved some painters tape from the rear of the truck and pre-taped the top and bottom. As soon as I locked the nozzle trigger, I taped the pre-made sign to the right of the read out. Don't know how long it remained there, but it made me feel better.

FWIW - $3.78 for regular.

On 3/5/2022 at 9:53 AM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Everybody wants to blame singular individuals for the gas price rise.  Didn't happen folks.  "Big Oil" supported by right thinking fans of big business decided it's a good time to "take Profit."  Get Over yourselves.

Wrong.

Before Biden took office, we were energy independent.  We had so much surplus oil and gas that we were selling it to other countries.  We were the world's LARGEST exporter of the stuff.   Now, we are begging the Arabs to produce more, not allowing domestic production, and held hostage to events in other parts of the world.

Biden DID do that.  

On 3/5/2022 at 4:00 AM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I'm seeing a LOT of gas pumps with these stickers on 'em...  :ph34r:

Biden Harris Gas Pump Decal  16 Pack Gas Pump Decal  I Did image 1

Surprised I haven't spotted any with Emperor Newsom yet, since our prices seem to run about a buck a gallon above the national average.  

I see them all over the place.

They are usually paired with one of The Donald captioned,  'Miss me yet?'

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

They had cones set up to create lines to the pumps and had neglected to realize that about 80% of vehicles have the fuel filler on the left side.

If they are like the pumps at Costco the hoses are long enough to reach the left side of most pickups even when pulled up right side to the pump.

Not sure about the current huge pickups that need an extension ladder to climb into the cab.

51 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

If they are like the pumps at Costco the hoses are long enough to reach the left side of most pickups even when pulled up right side to the pump.

Not sure about the current huge pickups that need an extension ladder to climb into the cab.

Nope, short hoses. No matter how close you to the pump you could park, there's no way the hose would reach to the other side unless you had a Mini Cooper or something like it.

Bought petrol this morning .... $Au1.899/litre for ULP (UnLeaded Petrol) .........

1 US gallon is 3.8 litres ....

$Au1 is about 70UScents

3.8 x 1899 = $Au7.216/ US gallon

or

$US5.499/US gallon divided by 3.8 = $US1.447/litre

1.447 x 0.7 =  $Au1.023/litre

seems that y'all isn't payin' as much as we'uns .......... BUT IT'S STILL TOO DANG DEAR!

And both Nations suffer from the "tyranny of distance" syndrome.

:(

Archived