SASS Wire Forum

Aren't We Taking This A Little Too Far................

Calamity Kris

I skimmed through this but I think we've reached the level of ridiculous.  Banning a breed of cat from a show because of it's name.  Really.  I would imagine many of this breed's owners aren't Russian so you are punishing the owners and their cats for something they had nothing to do with. Really??????

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/international-cat-federation-bans-russian-felines-competitions-rcna18595

dont matter - there is no splainin this chit , no matter what , people need to get over their stupidity and start acting like adults instead of a bunch of spoiled little brats , life is to short to get offended by crazy crud like this or most everything else they are getting offended by these days - there was a time before i was born that a black eye could solve your offended problem , no guns , no knives , no buddies sucker punching or sneaking up behind , just a face on its you and me , my father told me his stories 

and i know it to be true because my father explained it to me when the neighbor kid was bullying me [offending ,me in a substantially physical way] one day when he grabbed me from behind and threatened to 'kill me' i broke his nose , 

his father and mine discussed it - his father was the sherrif , he thanked my father for not pressing charges , i got left out of everything , that neighbor kid taught me to ride my bike after that and i liked him , i dont believe there was ever any malice short of me being the littlest kid on the block at the time , to this day i would never speak ill of him , we were kids , 

getting offended by some obscure word makes no sense to me , ive been called a lot of names and told a lot of things that might offend a person [the intent was there when delivered] but its all about who you are and what you stand for and what you think of yourself that makes the difference , 

i believe that most that are offended by the words of others are generally not comfortable in themselves ................

meaning as my dear mother used to say "if you cant handle the heat avoid the fire" ...............or fix "your thinking" because its not me its YOU 

sorry i expounded so much , this bothers hell out of me these days and gets encountered all too often it seems 

I highly doubt any Russians in the USA have crap to do with what’s going on in Ukraine, especially car show people. 

Some “People” are so $&@#ing stupid and ignorant. 

6 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I've always wanted a Russian Blue cat.

I had a cat that was half Russian blue.  He was the sweetest cat ever.  

The article says, . . . “ no cat bred in Russia can be imported or registered in any FIFe pedigree book outside Russia and no cat belonging to exhibitors living in Russia . . . .” Nothing to do with the name, or origin, of the breed. 

It’s no different that the world soccer folks banning Russian teams, etc. 

As far as I’m concerned, even the smallest detail that isolates Russia is worth doing. 

It’s not as if the cat folks are importing Russian oil, or anything.

In the history of the breed Russian Blues we’re nearly extinct in Russia. They were brought to USA and crossbred with Siamese cats to increase their population count and genetic diversity then exported back to Russia.

I had a Blue that came from a show cat family. Apparently she was not show quality because she had a tuft of white fur on her belly.

Cross breeding with Siamese cats is very common, I think they have many recessive genes.

of course the ban extends beyond Russian Blues, but it is only Russian owned and bred animals that are banned.  Wait and see what the AKC does.

Many people are more interested in appearing to do good things then actually doing them.

I remember one politician who supported some gun control proposal while admitting  that it would accomplish nothing. They did so because although it would falsely make some people feel safer,  "there's a value to that", they explained. 

Archived