SASS Wire Forum

Boots for one with hammertoes

I wear men’s boots due to my size and am needing some boots with soft leather over the toes and a deep as well as wide toe box.  I do not care what they look like as long as they are sass legal.  Earthwalkers once made me a pair but unfortunately they are no longer in business and foot changes make those boots obsolete for me.  In searching for custom made boots they do not seem to address the need for more depth/ height in the toe box.  If you have a hammertoe issue I would be interested in what boots you have found that work for you.  Hoping to find some off the shelf somewhere but so far no luck.  I have other issues such as heel spurs but I can work with that, it is the hammertoes that cause rawness in the toe knuckles to the point it hurts to walk.

You might look at Wolverine Ropers. I wear them and have extremely wide feet and they are quite spacious in the toe area.

I'll suggest trying on a good pair of packer boots with a round toe.  I have a very high arch, used to have hammertoes (until pinned), and ankles that turn (inversion) on a dime.

The support of laces and the strong last of most packers can do a whole lot for a person with my kind of problem feet.

good luck, GJ

Hammer toes here. I am wearing White's packers with the more round toes like Joe just mentioned, I have them on right now.  A good shoe shop can stretch the top of the toe box so it will have more room for your knuckles. I did not need these stretched.

I am getting the surgery, pins and all on the 21st, should of had it done years ago.

They tell me six weeks for full recovery.  Yes both can be done at the same time, that is our plan. I would encourage you to have your Dr refer you to a good podiatrist for a consultation, then you can take it from there.

Howdy Dream Chaser,

I forgot to mention you are not completely immobilized while you recover. My wife's sister had this done a few years back and she could still get around.

Archived