SASS Wire Forum

Now appearing on the McD menu

I don't see the lettuce.

We all remember the jingle, right?

No all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce cheese, pickles onions on a sesame seed bun.

And Burger King says:

Hold the pickle

Hold the lettuce

Special orders don’t upset us

All we ask is that you let us

Serve it your way

Have it your way

Have IT your way

At Burger King

:D

I was reading the other day about the history of the filet of fish sandwich. This was back when Catholics were still not allowed to eat meat on Friday, so McDonald's sales were down. And this guy comes up with the idea of a fish sandwich. He tries it is his restaurant, and it goes over pretty good, so he suggests that the McDonald's headquarters.

But McDonald's had come out with their own idea of what to sell to the Catholics on Friday. They called it a Hula Burger. It was a pineapple ring, topped with regular hamburger fixings - mustard and ketchup and lettuce and cheese - and they were not interested in his fish sandwich. But he convinced them to do a face off. Sell the fish and the pineapple one Friday, and see which did better.

The pineapple sales were terrible, which is why McDonald's now sells filet of fish and not hula burgers.

Saves time when I don't ever go into a McD shop.  Not since the shooting in SoCal when old lady Kroc (SP?) sent McD into an anti gun stance.  That must have been close to 40 years ago and I haven't been back.

Yeh, I DO hold a grudge....forever!

HOWDY 40R!  GOOD TO SEE YOU, BEEN TOO LONG 

Archived