SASS Wire Forum

NE Ohio lost a favorite Cattle Baron yesterday -- RIP Shenango Joe -- Obituary/Service information added

Sad news to report.
Buckaroo Bubba texted me that Shenango Joe passed away last night.
He got the news from Swiftwater Jack, & I thought I would pass it along.

Joe held cowboy shoots at the Brookfield Conservation Club in Masury, Ohio and, in the Winter, at The Western Reserve Fish and Game Association indoor range in Niles, Ohio 
We got to shoot with Joe many times over the years at his shoots, Tusco, & Firelands.
Many great memories shootin' together, swapping tales, talking guns, & just hangin' together.
Joe will be missed.
https://www.tribtoday.com/obituaries/2022/03/joseph-f-sassone-1940-2022/
Please keep his family & friends in your prayers.
--Dawg

Rest In Peace old friend. You’ve had a rough couple of years. Time to rest with the Lord. You will be missed. 
Laramie

He will definitely be missed! He was one of the cowboys that got Sixgun Seamus and I started years ago. Prayers out to his family.

This is so sad! :(What a truly good guy. He will be missed. RIP Joe 

Prayers for the family

My sincere condolences to his natural family and his Cowboy family.

It's really tough to lose a good pard.

Hello, friends.  This is sad news indeed.

Shenango Joe and Dakota Bert started the Cowboy Action Shooting program at the Brookfield Conservation Club many years ago.  The program was already established when I started cowboy shooting 14 years ago.  Brookfield is the home of the Shenango River Rats.   

Back then there were CAS matches in Salem, North Jackson, West Point, Brookfield, Ashtabula County, Greenville PA, Tusco, Logan’s Ferry, Firelands and Joe attended all these matches and more in Northeastern Ohio.

He knew people everywhere.  

He also ran the indoor CAS matches at the Western Reserve Fish and Game Club in Niles, Ohio for 6 months during the winter for many years.  The Niles winter posse is known as the Lake Park Raiders.

He will be missed.  He was a good man and a good friend.  Salute, Joe.  Rest in peace.

Slow Mo Dern

I have known Joe since I started shooting Cowboy 16 years ago, and has been a great friend ever since. Man this is really the worst part of our sport. "Come for the Shooting, Stay for the People", guys like Joe make this so true. He will be greatly missed!! Sad day for sure.

• Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 changed the title to NE Ohio lost a favorite Cattle Baron yesterday -- RIP Shenango Joe -- Obituary/Service information added

3/6/22 -- Link to Obituary/Service information:

https://www.tribtoday.com/obituaries/2022/03/joseph-f-sassone-1940-2022/

Archived