SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold SHOOTOUT 2022 !!!!!! Manchester, KY

Cat A Tonic

BLACK GOLD SHOOTOUT IS COMMING!!!  This year's grand event will take place July 13-16, 2022.  Our main match will take place Thurs-Sat, for a total of 12 stages.  Those who have joined us in the past can attest that BG isn't your typical shoot!   Camping (electric or dry) is still available.  More info and our app/waiver can be found on our website: ponderosa-pines.com.  Can't wait to see ya'll soon!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paid my money but I'm not sure if I ever sent in my app.

Usually Joe makes me sneak in the back door anyhow. He's got a dislike/hate relationship with the Outlaws. Probably cuz he's tryin to run a semi respectable establishment.

Anyhow Waimea will be there and the Mrs is threatening to come with me. 

I might need to behave myself...

...naaaahhhh!

:lol:

Joe don't hate us outlaws, heck between you, Whiskey and me who else can he get to work for free? Outside of Titus of course.

Looking forward to seeing again and "Bunny" is always welcome.

11 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Joe don't hate us outlaws, heck between you, Whiskey and me who else can he get to work for free? Outside of Titus of course.

Looking forward to seeing again and "Bunny" is always welcome.

It's always fun to see what work is on the agenda.

Plumbing, cutting trees, electrical.

It's all part of the fun.

"Bunny" says Hey!:lol:

3 hours ago, Preacherman said:

Remember?

Dave at black gold.jpg

I hope many years (decades even) that when I pass over the river that this will be the photo someone uses to say Remember that crazy guy?:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite shoot to get pissed as a cricket.:lol:  as it's my birthday weekend.

THE BEST PARTY IN SASS!!

and we shoot a bunch too!!

"Pissed as a cricket"?

I'm gonna have to do that!

8 hours ago, Noz said:

"Pissed as a cricket"?

I'm gonna have to do that!

I’ll bring a bottle of Irish if you’re gonna be there!! We’ve missed ya’!!

On 3/4/2022 at 2:17 PM, Waimea said:

I hope many years (decades even) that when I pass over the river that this will be the photo someone uses to say Remember that crazy guy?:lol:

Plumbing,HA! HA! HA!  Boy ya shoulda got in tha liars contest that year.We all know that yer pet sheep (OL BLUE EYES) ran away and hid under there from ya.:o:P:lol::lol::lol: Wait'n on our buddy Kajun to chime in,in 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 :rolleyes:

App went in mail yesterday.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:37 PM, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

My favourite shoot to get pissed as a cricket.:lol:  as it's my birthday weekend.

Can't say I have ever been passed as a cricket. Been drunk as a Skunk a few times. Will have to give the cricket a try. :lol:

• 2 months later...

‘Bout time this got brought back to the top!!

Who’s ready for a real party?

ME!!  

I’m looking forward to the yard sale and I’ll be bringing some good stuff to sell ‘n’ trade!!

I can hardly wait to see folks that I just don’t get to see or hear from often enough!!

I’m ready fer a feast of fish like you can’t immagine!!

On 3/18/2022 at 5:25 PM, lickskillet charlie said:

Plumbing,HA! HA! HA!  Boy ya shoulda got in tha liars contest that year.We all know that yer pet sheep (OL BLUE EYES) ran away and hid under there from ya.:o:P:lol::lol::lol: Wait'n on our buddy Kajun to chime in,in 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 :rolleyes:

Skittles, looks to me like you wuz cheating on Bertha with ole Blue Eyes whilst you wuz at the Bar 3.  You blewed her up and put her in the tent whilst Waimea was away. I'll just let the pictures tell the story. ;)

Kajun

IMG_4056.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

8 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Skittles, looks to me like you wuz cheating on Bertha with ole Blue Eyes whilst you wuz at the Bar 3.  You blewed her up and put her in the tent whilst Waimea was away. I'll just let the pictures tell the story. ;)

Kajun

IMG_4056.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

You boys like to recycle old stories.

Lickedyskillet, you gotta come around every once in a while so's we know yer still breathing.

And Kajun thanks for messing up the inside of my tent before you took that photo so people think that I'm a slob.

10 hours ago, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

Can’t wait to see what stores this Black Gold Event will bring!!!! Could be on you. Waimea will forever  be known for his plumbing skills one year. 

You can hone all sorts of of skills at Ponderosa Pines!!  Baking, brewing, plumbing, carpentry, carpet laying, cooking, cattle roping, and archery have all been demonstrated!!  There’s much to learn and sometimes the competition is intense!!

But you can’t have more fun with your clothes on ANYWHERE and you won’t meet nicer folks!!

9 hours ago, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

You just never know what is going to happen at BlackGold! I have heard that ol Whiskey Creek has working hard on his Hillbilly Olympics. Better bring your  A game a new Dillon 750 will be on the line!!

They give away great prizes!!

I won one of the Dillon 750s last year and a nice little.22 rifle a couple years before that!

The yard sale is ALWAYS a great place to pick up good bargains too!!  I’ve bought and sold some fine cowboy clothes, leather, and guns there.

’Sides!!  There ain’t no better party in all of SASS!!

Even as you read this the strong minds of Black Gold are meeting to make final plans. (Evil laughter in the background) The brain drain is being passed around, ideas are flying, I sure hope someone takes notes.

Some of our best ideas are lost in the morning light, kind of like the dew on the grass. they  just disappears. (kind of poetic aint it)

• 2 weeks later...

SO!!  What’s the latest from the Ponderosa Pines brain trust??

I’m 13 days into my foot repair, (stem cell graft) with the intention of getting to participate in some of the activities, perhaps getting to shoot the match.  

It’ll be touch and go to get it healed up and get myself in some semblance of in shape enough to shoot.  

What about the other competitions? Desserts? Beverages? Snacks? Other stuff?

’Bout a month ‘til it’s happening!!  What’s the scoop?

On 6/14/2022 at 9:15 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

SO!!  What’s the latest from the Ponderosa Pines brain trust??

I’m 13 days into my foot repair, (stem cell graft) with the intention of getting to participate in some of the activities, perhaps getting to shoot the match.  

It’ll be touch and go to get it healed up and get myself in some semblance of in shape enough to shoot.  

What about the other competitions? Desserts? Beverages? Snacks? Other stuff?

’Bout a month ‘til it’s happening!!  What’s the scoop?

We got a convoy of SW FLORIDA folks coming.

Hard to believe it's only a month away.

Greatly looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Foot doc was pleased with my progress. The “hole in the sole” is down to about 1/4” in diameter.  I’m less pleased, but I am running out of patience!!  

Schoolmarm has officially retired from Cowboy Action shooting, so the grandson is going to take over her guns. I’ll be putting his .38 Model P jr.s up for sale at the yard sale along with a few other “safe queens” that no one has shot in years.

I plan to photograph these and post them on the Classifieds in the next couple of days.

On 6/16/2022 at 10:00 PM, Waimea said:

We got a convoy of SW FLORIDA folks coming.

Hard to believe it's only a month away.

Greatly looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Convoy-CW-McCall.jpg

1 minute ago, Mister Badly said:

Convoy-CW-McCall.jpg

This is organized.

We'll be more like Beverly Hillbillies.

This year's Black Gold theme:

American nostalgia, anything American

Dessert wars,.  Pie, must have ingredient,.

Whiskey 

Brew, snack, and grilling wars as usual.

Hillbilly spelling be.....

Team shoot 

Man on man 

Corn hole tournament 

Let's make a deel!

See ya there!!

Drag race!!!

Archived