SASS Wire Forum

Did you take note of the lame stream media---

When the Ukrainian army was handing out firearms, automatic ones by the look at them, how silent the lame stream media was about civilians having arms?  A few even mentioned how those civilians were going to defend their country.  Imagine that?  People with guns.  Can you hear the 2nd amendment being recited?  Hmmmmm.  Highlights the difference between subjects and citizens.   Our politicians should take note but they won't.  It doesn't fit their narrative.  Of course that could never happen in the US. (sarcasm mode off)

37 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

When the Ukrainian army was handing out firearms, automatic ones by the look at them, how silent the lame stream media was about civilians having arms?  A few even mentioned how those civilians were going to defend their country.  Imagine that?  People with guns.  Can you hear the 2nd amendment being recited?  Hmmmmm.  Highlights the difference between subjects and citizens.   Our politicians should take note but they won't.  It doesn't fit their narrative.  Of course that could never happen in the US. (sarcasm mode off)

Fox News showed it a bunch of times, that’s pretty much my go to news channel except for the local Fox affiliate here.  

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Fox News showed it a bunch of times, that’s pretty much my go to news channel except for the local Fox affiliate here.  

I don't feel I can trust FOX any more.  I've come to prefer NewsMax with only a few reservations.  I simply can't stomach any of the other liars.

But notice that they cry about Russia hitting a brewery and civilian targets , News flash That 12 year old kid holding a rifle or business making Molotov cocktails is no longer a bystander they now become combatants  and will be treated as such . War is not for the media circus or average American  stay out of it .

When we were heading through Korengal Valley  some reporter asked to go with Us  , my response   Not a chance buttercup  (cleaned up version) But he says I am approved to go , Not with us , only we approve who goes with us and you arent one .

I suppose one way to take that story is that the average Ukrainian doesn't have an AK to begin with, IE; no RTKBA but IDK. No idea if they're restricted to water pistols or whatever.

Another way to take it would be that the average John Q Ukrainian WOULD fight for the current regime...or would they. Again, no idea.

Given that their government has been pretty corrupt for decades, authoritarian, not really nice to certain "classes" but as we have seen, people will put up with a lot of crap to live in "peace" if someone's not dropping artillery rounds willy-nilly about the neighborhood. Once the arty starts....all bets are off I suppose.

On the other hand, there appears to be a lot of wag-the-dog disinformation coming from every side of the media and including places I normally see much better reporting.

Fox News may have an "agenda" in showing the destruction being wrought by Russian missiles and artillery, but I'm not quite sure what it would be, other than to show that sanctions aren't working to get Putin to call off his dogs!  That Russian column certainly looks like a target-rich environment that could be dealt a world of hurt if a few A-10's were available! What would be great is if some of them could be "washed black" and turned over to those Ukrainian pilots that have already were trained in their use.  It might be possible to impose a limited "no-fly zone" in the western part of Ukraine, with deconfliction protocols in place with the Russian Air Forces. The other thing that should be done, for our own and Europe's benefit is to restart construction of the Keystone pipeline, and granting permission for petroleum exploration on "public US lands"!  Of course, we don't want Putin to think he might be thwarted, in which case he might "go nuclear"...which he may do anyway!  Oh, Fox just played Putin's address to Russians, in which he addressed the Russian people as "dear comrades"!  :angry::angry::angry:

25 minutes ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

I suppose one way to take that story is that the average Ukrainian doesn't have an AK to begin with, IE; no RTKBA but IDK. No idea if they're restricted to water pistols or whatever.

Another way to take it would be that the average John Q Ukrainian WOULD fight for the current regime...or would they. Again, no idea.

Given that their government has been pretty corrupt for decades, authoritarian, not really nice to certain "classes" but as we have seen, people will put up with a lot of crap to live in "peace" if someone's not dropping artillery rounds willy-nilly about the neighborhood. Once the arty starts....all bets are off I suppose.

On the other hand, there appears to be a lot of wag-the-dog disinformation coming from every side of the media and including places I normally see much better reporting.

Ukraine Annual Household Income per Capita reached 2,145.028 USD in Dec 2020, compared with the previous value of 2,180.841 USD in Dec 2019 , would be alot of reason why , not to mention as you stated Ukraine government is corrupt  . You are correct keep the citizen down and darn sure dont let them have weapons 

53 minutes ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

suppose one way to take that story is that the average Ukrainian doesn't have an AK to begin with, IE; no RTKBA but IDK. No idea if they're restricted to water pistols or whatever

In 2014 there were photos of them using air rifles not firearms.

I'm afraid if something like that ever comes to pass in this country, the "authorities" will be going door to door collecting firearms "so nobody gets hurt". Like during Katrina.

29 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

I'm afraid if something like that ever comes to pass in this country, the "authorities" will be going door to door collecting firearms "so nobody gets hurt". Like during Katrina.

Maybe where you live!  Where I live, it’s more likely the local leaders will be organizing the militia!!

12 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Oh, Fox just played Putin's address to Russians, in which he addressed the Russian people as "dear comrades"!  :angry::angry::angry:

I suppose that certain sectors of the population could be nostalgic for the good old USSR, but its been almost a generation, and there's been a lot of easy capitalist living in the meantime.  Do that many Russians yearn for the good old days of the KGB, plastic shoes, bread lines, concrete block architecture, gulag living, and all of the other benefits associated with being a "comrade"?  I have this vision of ordinary folks hearing this speech on their radios and silently rolling their eyes...."Here goes Vlad, again....wishing for the good old days when a purge was a thing of beauty".

LL

17 hours ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

And your last sentence is different in what way?

Archived