SASS Wire Forum

AMMO Search

Looking for the best price on ammo.

A cursory search found 9mm @ $ .32/round, .38sp @ $ .42/round and 5.56 @ $ .39/round.

I just acquired 3 boxes of 333 rounds of Winchester .22lr for $22.99/box at Rural King before they sold out.

image.png.65713c3617440375600816cb7cf1e294.png

I've been buying 22 lr off the internet for 8 to 10 cents a round.  I use mostly CCI, with some Federal.  Other than rimfire, and a few shotgun shells, I haven't bought any ammo since this crazy crap started.

I had just made some serious purchases before all the craziness started. I stumbled into some sales and went over my usual budget for stuff and Sherron said, "WHy not? You're going to use it!"

Right now for practice I'm shooting CCI Mini-Mags that I bought at KMart for $3.84 for a box of 100.  It's probably 35 years old if it's a day, but it goes bang just about every time.  I figured I must as well shoot the old stuff first until things settle down.  I remember how primers disappeared during the Clinton administration so anytime I could find a decent deal I kept buying ammo and components.

My last factory ammo purchase was four boxes of Core-Lokt 30-06 at $18 per box from Walmart.
Through blind luck, I was able to get fully stocked on 22LR before the merde hit the air moving device.
Yesterday was a good day... found a case (5k) of CCI #400 primers for a cheap price today.

What's with .40 S&W? Bass yesterday had hundreds of boxes from 4 or 5 manufactures. a

Still no revolver ammo: .38, .357, .44 of any kind .45: nada. Tons of rifle ammo.

I saw much more revolver ammo at the height of the shortage than I've seen since the 'end'....

It’s starting g to come back in stock.  The common 9 and 223 have been in stock for a month or more now.  Been able to get 380 as well.  Have seen a little 38 spl.   For rifles it’s been 350 legend and a little 308.  Hopefully as they panic buying slows down the mfg will branch out into slower moving cartridges.  

my local shop says revolvers have been almost unobtainable.  Seems the mfg would rather make more plastic guns as they take less time to make and there is more demand. 

Anyone getting good prices?

A cursory search found:

9mm @ $ .32/round,

.38sp @ $ .42/round and

5.56 @ $ .39/round.

9mm at $0.32 per round is encouraging, though it depends on which rounds.

My "best" pricing for CCI Blazer Brass 124gr FMJ 50 round box was $0.167/round out the door (or at my door) after any tax or shipping. That was before the 'rona.

I've been seeing it at 2.5 times my previous "best" price, it has been trending down. I would consider buying a case or two if it was just double the old price.

I have been seeing more stock on-line, and less sense of first scalping it on GunBroker.

At a local gun show this weekend, I had a sudden need for some British .303... Anyway, I bought a box at the show and found out later the price was in line with on line sources.  Have had a long period of local show prices being higher than on the Internet.

I'm not happy yet, definitely still planning to reload; that was already worth doing before the 'rona.

For several years, I'd toss a Federal bulk pack in the cart every time I was in WalMart, but haven't bought any since it topped $9.96/550 - that's got to be twenty years ago, I suppose. Still works fine. As a matter of fact, I stepped out the door and shot a couple hundred rounds just today. :)

499374913_RimfireAmmo001.jpg.2fa53bd65b1c54455588137c9b042061.jpg

The guy that sold me those primers said the ammo prices have peaked and starting to decline a wee bit.

I was asking about how to sell (in CA) a bunch of 243 Hornady cartridges I don't need.
I can advertise on the boards, but must stipulate the sale goes through an FFL for the CA background check taxes.
He said I can sell up to 500 cartridges per month, without needing an ammo license.

Archived