SASS Wire Forum

Need some "younger generation" translated

Alpo

I've noticed that the younger generation speaks a different language. For example, if something does not work right, it is not a FAILURE. It is a FAIL. If something makes them laugh or cry or shudder in fear, it does not give them FEELINGS. It gives them FEELS.

We have a new member on another forum. The new member's avatar is an attractive blonde female - late teens, early 20s. In a thread about a pistol the new member had inherited, the member announced, "I am a boi". Not BOY. BOI.

Another member replied that he would not have guessed that, based on the avatar. The new member then replied, "I chose that avatar because I really like Mustangs".

Here I am all confused. What is a boi? Is it a boy with a spelling problem, or one of them gender confused people? Or something else? And what does liking Mustangs have to do with good looking blonde women?

It’s a culture of celebrating or bringing one’s own thinking to the lowest common denominator. It’s cool to be stupid and to identify with primal urges and what people do with their genitalia. Being intellectual or intelligent is frowned upon. 

I refuse to participate in the idiocracy. 

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s a culture of celebrating or bringing one’s own thinking to the lowest common denominator. It’s cool to be stupid and to identify with primal urges and what people do with their genitalia. Being intellectual or intelligent is frowned upon. 

I refuse to participate in the idiocracy. 

Would you even know how?

For some reason, people feel the need to personalize names by crippling improper spelling.  I noticed a girl's name in a news report recently.  Her name is pronounced "Kennedy".  It's spelled "Kynndi".

Here you go in reference to "boi" and gender, although reading the entire article is probably more than you wanted to know: https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/10/boi-meaning-queer-term-straight-meme.html

"I am a boi". Not BOY. BOI.  Regarding the use of "BOI": this is what you say when someone says/does something stupid. source: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Boi

54 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Would you even know how?

I would have to smoke a bunch of dope and bang my head on some concrete, then maybe I could. :lol:

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

What was it banned for?

They never tell you. It'll just say, by one of their posts, 

SEDALIA DAVE -- BANNED

And you go look at their post history to see what they said it got them kicked out, but usually it was so terrible that the moderators deleted the post and then banned him.

Interestingly there was an introduction thread (they have an introduction forum)

Someone joined, and 19 people responded, saying stuff like WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

The 19th responder said, "Wow. 12 of the 18 responders have been banned." One guy that said that he was banned, and that he had joined 5 hours ago.

One thread that I was reading that had several of these new people in it - when I started the thread it said that the page I was on held posts 1 through 12 of 41. When I finished that page and went to page 2, it said it had post 13 through 26 of 26.

In the time it took me to read the first page they had deleted 15 posts.

Wow.

Archived