SASS Wire Forum

My biggest complaint about this site...

Philosopher

Is that on the "boilerplate" describing the terms of use for the Classifieds there is a misspelling!

(Yes, you've just been click-baited.)

"...Offers posted by Guests or Members not including thier SASS Number will be deleted. "

Arrrrrgh!

"Their" is misspelled as "thier"  and it catches my eye everytime I visit the Classifieds.

Carry on!

;)

Just now, Philosopher said:

Is that on the "boilerplate" describing the terms of use for the Classifieds there is a misspelling!

...Offers posted by Guests or Members not including thier SASS Number will be deleted. "

Arrrrrgh!

"Their" is misspelled as "thier"  and it catches my eye everytime I visit the Classifieds.

Carry on!

;)

I dont worry about that , but the fact that this saloon is dry and makes me go get my own damn drink  

My biggest complaint and pettest peeve about the SASS Wire and Saloon is the editorial function which boldly announces that you have edited your post.

Mostly you've just corrected the typos; sometimes smoothed the expression, all in the first 30 seconds or so after posting. I've never been on another site that does this. It annoys me. Other than that, no complaints.

5 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

My biggest complaint and pettest peeve about the SASS Wire and Saloon is the editorial function which boldly announces that you have edited your post.

Mostly you've just corrected the typos; sometimes smoothed the expression, all in the first 30 seconds or so after posting. I've never been on another site that does this. It annoys me. Other than that, no complaints.

So edit every post :) Got it :)

40 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Tex!

I'll certainly try! I'm getting great use out of the cart you so graciously gifted to me! Thank you again.

I find it quite amusing that someone who would use the noun GIFT where he should be using the verb GIVE would be upset by a simple misspelling.

23 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Hears my biggest problem with there rules. No ware does it say the Saloon shall be spelled with a capitol Ess.

Of course it does. Almost everywhere you see "Saloon", it is immediately followed by (ACS). :P

33 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Hears my biggest problem with there rules. No ware does it say the Saloon shall be spelled with a capitol Ess.

But by Gosh you WILL use a capitol S!!!

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

"...Offers posted by Guests or Members not including thier SASS Number will be deleted. "

Arrrrrgh!

Carry on!

;)

There, they're, their. Every time someone spells every time wrong, it just sends chills up my spline.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I find it quite amusing that someone who would use the noun GIFT where he should be using the verb GIVE would be upset by a simple misspelling.

I believe he used GIFTED as a verb :o

5 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I believe he used GIFTED as a verb :o

I know he did. He used gift as a verb. But gift is a noun.

I know for the last dozen or so years people have been using gift as a verb, but they are wrong. You cannot gift somebody something. You give them a gift.

I know English is a complicated language, but geez Louise, we learned that in the second grade.

Why can't you gift someone something?  I've certainly heard it before. In fact portions of my will state that I'm gifting such & such to so & so. JMHO

16 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Why can't you gift someone something?  I've certainly heard it before. In fact portions of my will state that I'm gifting such & such to so & so. JMHO

Why can't you gift someone something? It's simple.

Noun is a thing. Verb is an action.

Gift is a noun. Give is a verb. You cannot noun somebody something. You verb somebody something.

This is simple Elementary School English.

My most recent pet peeve is people writing “should of”!  The proper construction is “should HAVE” or the contraction “should’ve”!

Should OF??  REALLY??  Come on people!!

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Ouch. A touch, I do confess it!

;)

7 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Ouch. A touch, I do confess it!

;)

You mean touché? ;)

34 minutes ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Because its like all those Fakebook posts I want to sale this  . 

Yes. It’s nicer then the other one. :lol:

43 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Why can't you gift someone something? It's simple.

Noun is a thing. Verb is an action.

Gift is a noun. Give is a verb. You cannot noun somebody something. You verb somebody something.

This is simple Elementary School English.

See post above, just showing my point of view, no need to be insulting with the grade school comments. I guess we learned differently in New England. No offense intended or taken.

EH

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Arrrrrgh!

Carry on!

;)

Good catch Professor, maybe the moderators will see this and correct it! :P

8 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I sure been around for a long enough time it don't seem short anymore.  :o

Doesn’t look short behind. But it looks pretty short ahead. 

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Gifted has always been an Adjective. It has somehow become a verb. 

Just so long as it doesn't become a "dangling participle" :ph34r:

Archived