SASS Wire Forum

In Praise of Lassiter

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

Just got my Large Frame Lighting that had something wrong with it back from Lassiter.  I am happy to say that he has fixed it up as good as new for a very reasonable price.   He's done work for me, before and the man clearly knows his way around the innards of the Lighting.   And, from the couple of times I've met him in person and the few I've talked with him on the phone, he's a pretty good guy in general.  

So to all my fellow Lighting lovers, if you've got trouble with one, it's a good bet that he can help you fix it.

Lassiter fixed about everything.   He is a very good, if not great, gunsmith.    And above all that, he is a really descent human being.

the world would be a better place if more folks were like him.

..........Widder

I had the pleasure of having dinner tonight with Lassiter and his wife and what a fine time we had. His Lightning knowledge and gun smithing knowledge is amazing. His tales of early SASS and EOT’s were very informative and interesting as well.

Tom/Lassiter is without a doubt one of the best, if not the very best, Lightning Rifle smiths out there and frankly, he was the first one I saw that actually got one to work well and man, can he make one sing on the range!  He also shoots a lever action shotgun with great success and mildly put, it's impressive to watch.  He is also one of the best all around gunsmiths I know of and has worked on both cowboy and more modern guns for me with great success.  Tom is also one of the finest, most competitive Gunfighters in the game and has been a great inspiration, resource, and Mentor to me.  I think he is as upstanding and outstanding example of the spirit of this game as anyone could be!  Good luck and good shooting to all.

I wanted a main match 10ga for awhile.  I tried a Spanish SxS but it didn’t work out (for me), after searching I finally found an original Winchester model 1901.  I bought it sight unseen and had it sent directly to Lassiter.  He made sure it was safe, functioned well, did his drop 2 modification, and shortened the barrel.  The gun turned out great, and he worked with me to get it just right.  Now I can set off car alarms, and if I don’t hit the target the barrel flame might just barbecue it :D  

Lassiter is a Cowboy’s Cowboy what more can you say. 

Hard to say enough good things about this man-master gunsmith , world class shooter and great friend!

44 minutes ago, Hoss Face said:

I'm having trouble getting through to Tom's Single Action Shop, the 937-687-1039 number is not working. Is there a different number? Thanks

I believe he is over at eot right now, call him later in the week or next week and he should be back.

Lassiters gunsmithing is legendary even down-under, had the pleasure of meeting Tom a few years back, only for a quck hello but I remember it well..great shooter ...wish he was in OZ ..then we would have a lot more smoother guns !!

Archived