SASS Wire Forum

SAA grips

PowderRiverCowboy

Fun!  Never had the birds head grips on anything,don't think I've ever had one in my hand! Tempted.  Tho I have and have had a variety of percussion, cartridge conversion is also interesting.  Got to keep on task and get a replacement for the .45 lever gun I let go, and get the new CZ slicked up a bit.

These are mesquite burl made by Richard C. in Hereford, Arizona. I think the look fantastic. 

8E8D7F9D-C0CF-41D7-A93A-F0D1E940EEAA.jpeg

51 minutes ago, E.D. BLACK said:

F882111A-FFAB-4E90-A39D-214BE32D5B9C.jpeg

DA92A770-FD78-441B-A2D5-F61A0A568C48.jpeg

12825460-A734-4AEA-9499-95B99803106A.jpeg

The real pearl looks fantastic but I would cry if I damaged them. 

It's not a Colt. But here's my OMV.

Nothing like Real Stag. The grips are worth almost as much as I paid for my first Ruger Vaquero!

20220226_204409.jpg

im running the black plastic ruger offered on their centennials , they are slim enough to fit my hend and course enough not to slip , i love the look of those shown above and i like a nice set of walnut grip scales , but my working revolvers are still the tools i bought and have to function first for me , 

i wont say i dont have a set that have grip scales that look good but are not my favorite in function , my EMFs have their original scales that are engraved and glossy/slick , i seldom shoot them for just that reason , 

I have real Colts I'd like to fit out with real ivory, but real ivory has become a pain in the backside to acquire and own. Thirty years ago you could get read-made paper-micarta grips in an ivory color -- I have a pair on a Ruger Super Blackhawk. Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know where those are available? I'm told there is an even higher-quality ivory substitute available now, but I don't know it's name and I don't know where to buy it. Any and all advice cheerfully accepted, here or via private message.
And I didn't see a single set of ugly grips on this thread -- y'all have some beautiful sixguns.

1 hour ago, Oddnews SASS# 24779 said:

I have real Colts I'd like to fit out with real ivory, but real ivory has become a pain in the backside to acquire and own. Thirty years ago you could get read-made paper-micarta grips in an ivory color -- I have a pair on a Ruger Super Blackhawk. Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know where those are available? I'm told there is an even higher-quality ivory substitute available now, but I don't know it's name and I don't know where to buy it. Any and all advice cheerfully accepted, here or via private message.
And I didn't see a single set of ugly grips on this thread -- y'all have some beautiful sixguns.

Dont think its a Hijack at all the more grips and sources the better .  Are you thinking of the Magna Tusk ?
Only place I have seen them is the Ebay store 

https://www.ebay.com/str/arizonacustomgrips?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336728181&customid=&toolid=10001

1 minute ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Dont think its a Hijack at all the more grips and sources the better .  Are you thinking of the Magna Tusk ?
Only place I have seen them is the Ebay store 

https://www.ebay.com/str/arizonacustomgrips?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336728181&customid=&toolid=10001

That may be it. My PC here in the office won't let me access e-bay, so I'll have to check at home. I appreciate the help.

I just found out I can access Ebay if I change browsers. I think those are the grips I read about. I'd buy a pair, as an experiment, but the guns are in the U.S. and I'm in Germany, it'll have to wait until next year.

Archived