EOT 2022 From My Saddle

Yul Lose

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Please please please don't say it involved petting your buffalo (coat). :lol:

No, but the ladies couldn’t keep their hands off of me when I had it on.:P

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yul, thanks for all the work you’ve done.  This thread is a testament to you and your commitment to our sport.  Some of the pards you got pictures of I know, some I don’t, but by posting these pictures you’ve brought us all just a little closer.   Once again thank you for being such a great ambassador of the game. 

Driving home to north county San Diego yesterday gave me a lot of time to reflect on my 2022 EOT experience. One huge thing that I noticed was the number of younger participants, by younger I mean younger than 50 or there abouts.  It seemed to me that nearly every posse had shooters in their teens or twenties and I don’t believe I’ve seen that at my previous EOT’s, I could be wrong but that’s how it looked to me. 

Had covid lockdowns not been in force in many countries the international attendance numbers would have been much higher although I doubt that the German contingent would have had a swimming pool set up in their encampment like they used to at EOT’s in New Mexico, it was to cold for that. I believe that there were only flags from 3 foreign countries on display when in times past there would have been many more. I’m hoping that is the case for EOT 2023.

There we’re pretty limited food vendors to choose from this year and that may have been covid related also. I’d expect at future EOT’s there will be more options.

One thing that I’d like to see is a traffic light and better traffic turning lanes at the entrance to Ben Avery. Getting out of there at certain times of the day can be a real challenge. Highway 74 to Wickenburg is a heavily traveled 2 lane road. I’m sure this has been or is being talked about by the various agencies who deal with the roads and highways. On Tuesday evening there was a serious collision about 1/4 mile from the entrance that I’m talking about.

The Ben Avery facility is the perfect place for EOT, in my opinion. There are plenty of hotel/motel accommodations within a few miles as well as a wide variety of restaurants. RV camping at the facility itself is plentiful and there are numerous other RV parks nearby.

I heard a few people mention moving EOT dates later into March or even April but from what I was told there, there are 160+ other shooting and other interests that utilize the range and getting later dates would be nearly impossible.

As I’m writing this the range has taken on a whole new appearance. Most of the removable facades, boardwalk and other EOT related structures are probably down by now and by this evening you won’t even be able to tell that there had been an EOT. By contract they have through Tuesday but the finely tuned army of Arizona Rangers started work early yesterday tearing it all down. Sadly I won’t be able to attend the dinner that’s put on to thank the army of volunteers who made this EOT possible but next year I plan on attending.

Last pieces of stage 7 & 8 leave the range.

IMG_20220307_112245283.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Last pieces of stage 7 & 8 leave the range.

IMG_20220307_112245283.jpg

Amazing, isn’t it? Enjoyed our time together, safe travels home.

Stages 1 through 4.......GONE

IMG_20220307_114044530.jpg

You just happen to be one of the most recognized figures in SASS and for all of the Right reasons. I Look forward to seeing you soon maybe a SW regional if Eot 2023. Take care of yourself and your saddle until then may GOD be with you. 

Please Send photo of saddle and horse. 

Hells Comin 

39 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Stages 1 through 4.......GONE

IMG_20220307_114044530.jpg

Are the carts dismantled and put away?

1 hour ago, Hells Comin said:

You just happen to be one of the most recognized figures in SASS and for all of the Right reasons. I Look forward to seeing you soon maybe a SW regional if Eot 2023. Take care of yourself and your saddle until then may GOD be with you. 

Please Send photo of saddle and horse. 

Hells Comin 

Same hear HC, and thank you.

They are gone.

Here is all the boardwalk you walked on at the stages.

IMG_20220307_125939069.jpg

The targetsIMG_20220307_130320692.thumb.jpg.8e133fd011098c1514a53ca35c5d40b9.jpg

Two days ago, this was stage 10.

IMG_20220307_132653380.jpg

I would imagine by now it would be hard to tell that there had been an EOT on that range, anywhere.

5 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

...There we’re pretty limited food vendors to choose from this year and that may have been covid related also. I’d expect at future EOT’s there will be more options.

One thing that I’d like to see is a traffic light and better traffic turning lanes at the entrance to Ben Avery. Getting out of there at certain times of the day can be a real challenge. Highway 74 to Wickenburg is a heavily traveled 2 lane road. I’m sure this has been or is being talked about by the various agencies who deal with the roads and highways. On Tuesday evening there was a serious collision about 1/4 mile from the entrance that I’m talking about....

Yul:  You are right about the food vendors.  A couple could not make it this year but should return.  As to the turning light .  The shooter's entrance has a light and a turning lane.  I suspect you were camping at the range though and that entrance can be a problem depending on the time of day.

29 minutes ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

Yul:  You are right about the food vendors.  A couple could not make it this year but should return.  As to the turning light .  The shooter's entrance has a light and a turning lane.  I suspect you were camping at the range though and that entrance can be a problem depending on the time of day.

It was the first entrance coming from the east right off of the freeway.

9 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

It was the first entrance coming from the east right off of the freeway.

Yep that's not the shooter or staff entrance

1 hour ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

Yep that's not the shooter or staff entrance

That’s good to know, thank you.

22 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Many of you that weren’t at EOT to pose for a picture are probably wondering what I did to get the smiles out of most people, well it’s a secret and you’ll have to ask them the next time that you see them:D.

Just spending the week with Yul put the biggest smile on my face. I'm still smiling looking forward to working with him next year. And next year Yul, you REALLY have to stay for the Ranger appreciation dinner. It's our chance to pay you back in a small way for all of your hard work.

3 minutes ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

Just spending the week with Yul put the biggest smile on my face. I'm still smiling looking forward to working with him next year. And next year Yul, you REALLY have to stay for the Ranger appreciation dinner. It's our chance to pay you back in a small way for all of your hard work.

I’ll be there Slim. Thank you for the opportunity with the gun cart corral, with more international travel next year business ought to be much better.

22 minutes ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

Sarival made them all fit back in the trailer, no small job.

Great job Sarival, that was probably a lot like putting a puzzle together.

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

That’s good to know, thank you.

You mean nobody send you a map showing the entry for shooters and staff? Shame on them. That is the best way to get on and out. 

3 hours ago, Cpt Dan Blodgett, SASS #75655 said:

And becoming World Champion Lady Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter, hugs and a championship not a bad week for a great lady.  Great bullets as well.

She gave out a ton of hugs, every time I came by her tent I got one (I came by a lot:D) and she’d come by the cart corral and pass them out too. Great lady, great competitor.

4 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Oakie FanoKie and Kid Ricky Bobby...from Texas Ten Horns in Leonard, Tx!

Trying to remember all of those alias’s long enough to make the posts was a challenge at times.

On 3/4/2022 at 8:39 AM, Yul Lose said:

Holy Terror, Pepe Le Pew, Okie Dokie, Ricky Bobby and Non Stop getting ready for stage 1.

1CBA0D9F-995A-4C59-8E06-268BE71B0847.jpeg

I’m punching way above my weight class in this picture! 

1 minute ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I agree...

Yul probably heard 'Creeper';)

Yul and I have a kindred spirit when it comes to names and hearing. :D

Archived