• Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I remember my Mum had one of these - 

images.jpeg-1.jpg.0734e5a4436463dd32d5b75812c37e4f.jpg

This is the one my mom used. 

Snip-it_1653839812795.jpg.9992106b4b3d0e4194d35cd01f2e675b.jpg

o6yy97h19yd41.jpg.34fcbd1e6ea69efce48f4e5139bb477a.jpg:blink:

........this picture could have been taken last week, high visibility vests, board shorts and 'T' shirts all round, temporary fencing on the property having building works, and relatively late model vehicles. An older suburb in Australia in more modern times. :)

10 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

o6yy97h19yd41.jpg.34fcbd1e6ea69efce48f4e5139bb477a.jpg:blink:

........this picture could have been taken last week, high visibility vests, board shorts and 'T' shirts all round, temporary fencing on the property having building works, and relatively late model vehicles. An older suburb in Australia in more modern times. :)

Well, everybody wasn't carrying a camera in their pocket back then. We were too busy WATCHING OUT FOR CARS!! :D 

1 minute ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Well, everybody wasn't carrying a camera in their pocket back then. We were too busy WATCHING OUT FOR CARS!! :D 

...... but one, or both, of those guys in the hi-viz vests is/are probably checking their farcebook page on their iphone ....  <_<

i did , but our streets were near vacant - i grew up out of town , in a remote development in the late 50s that was in farm country , might have been feild of dreams but that was a bit southeast and a way later time , 

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

image.png.06d4af8e6379647b76918d9f19c7ea06.png

Depending on the size, opening Spam, sardines, or World War II ammunition.

19 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.... nope, ....... never seen'd that'n. ............  :unsure:

image.png.3cb5cc89ef6c4ddb45605ccca2be282b.png

1593217619_Snickeringemoji.png.0d86c8f26158e462beb6a39d268f51dd.png

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

image.png.4e38593b04e70bef37d960545d85f375.png

Never saw one for real, but I remember seeing them in the Sears catalog, and thinking that was about the stupidest looking thing I had ever seen.

And a 48-inch sissy bar?? :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.... nope, ....... never seen'd that'n. ............  :unsure:

Huffy refuse to make any in right hand drive, so they could not be imported into Oz.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:12 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Pair of P38 Can Openers

I often have a few of these in my pocket; they make dandy "spot awards" for Scouts doing something good.

Also... there've been a bunch of times I've been in a checkout line at the supermarket in front of or behind an older gentleman wearing a "World War II, Korea, or Viet Nam Veteran" ball cap.  I'll tell 'em "I like your hat!" then hand 'em a P-38.  Never fails to bring a grin.

Just two days ago, I drove Half-Breed Pete to an appointment at the California Eye Institute.  While there I gave one to a Viet Nam vet in the waiting room and a WWII/Korea vet in the parking lot on the way out.  Both were plumb tickled.  Both grinned.  ^_^

@Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967,

That's paying it forward.
Thanks. :FlagAm:

14 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I often have a few of these in my pocket; they make dandy "spot awards" for Scouts doing something good.

Also... there've been a bunch of times I've been in a checkout line at the supermarket in front of or behind an older gentleman wearing a "World War II, Korea, or Viet Nam Veteran" ball cap.  I'll tell 'em "I like your hat!" then hand 'em a P-38.  Never fails to bring a grin.

Just two days ago, I drove Half-Breed Pete to an appointment at the California Eye Institute.  While there I gave one to a Viet Nam vet in the waiting room and a WWII/Korea vet in the parking lot on the way out.  Both were plumb tickled.  Both grinned.  ^_^

Hardpan, what a capital thing to do!  I’m going to buy a bunch of P38’s and follow your example.

Archived