SASS Wire Forum

Remember when....

"It's deja-vu all over again."

Yogi Berra

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of times lately I have hit submit reply and my entire post would disappear. But if I opened a new window and pulled up the Saloon (ACS) my post would be there, so I would close the original window, and go on with life.

Snip-it_1651064675547.jpg.042ca010c3075dd6a9cac650bccff5b8.jpg

Imagine your MOM having this when you were younger. :o

She could merely do a 180° and beat your .......:blink:

On 2/27/2022 at 8:34 PM, DeaconKC said:

How to replace a car dimmer switch - Quora

We had a Chrysler New Yorker that had three floor switches!  One for the dimmer, one for the windshield washer, (only worked when the wipers were on) and one that changed the station on the radio!!  You could preset several stations on the radio and use the floor switch to select the preset stations with both hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road!

On 2/27/2022 at 8:34 PM, DeaconKC said:

How to replace a car dimmer switch - Quora

We had a Chrysler New Yorker that had three floor switches!  One for the dimmer, one for the windshield washer, (only worked when the wipers were on) and one that changed the station on the radio!!  You could preset several stations on the radio and use the floor switch to select the preset stations with both hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road!

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Snip-it_1651064675547.jpg.042ca010c3075dd6a9cac650bccff5b8.jpg

Imagine your MOM having this when you were younger. :o

She could merely do a 360° and beat your .......:blink:

If she did a 360°, she would be facing the dashboard again.

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

If she did a 360°, she would be facing the dashboard again.

Fixed it! ;)

Snip-it_1650802968873.jpg.aa3d3aa3aec2e3c98c4701bd80430c0c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 10:09 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

Did you guys have these in America? My mates and I (hey we weren't perfect back then) used to pop the caps of the bottles and use a straw......thankfully we never got caught.

Coca-Cola-Slider.jpg.50638596264d397f130ba2b28d8d6a28.jpg

dd3126b51b2047d9cd50fb368a1a6eb5.jpg.b05fe63d98916965cc7e225a4042e8e6.jpg

I have the EXACT same Coke machine, a 1942 Venco with the fishtail logo, still runs perfect and still operates on a dime. My bottlecap bin is still original red; the black is non-original 

i remember that 61 - no seat belts either , 

yes i =recall my first albumen , it was not the first i wanted but first i got , moody blues .......

and our pants were up on our waiste , kept our undergarments to ourselves , except ehen the girls decided to burn their bras --- those were the days , 

On 2/26/2022 at 2:03 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

I still have this from the mid '70's and it still works.....my grandchildren can't believe the 'eerie' green numbers :) 

20220227_075929_resized.thumb.jpg.7eb131b0b99404b8b3aa663430b8a1d4.jpg

I'll go you one better on that ELSI. My first one was an ELSI 8. All it would do is add, subtract, multiply and divide. NO memory except for the one required to hold the first entry.  Was about the size of a brick, and I bought it for $300 in 1969 when I went back to college for a second engineering degree! Made a leather carrying case that I could hook to my belt (and almost dragged my pants down!).  Still have it...somewhere. I think I paid about $15 for my pocket CASIO that has almost enough functions to navigate Apollo 11 to the Moon!

On 4/27/2022 at 8:13 AM, Eyesa Horg said:

Popular on prom night I bet.:P

Had a '62 Rambler station wagon. The front seats would fold down flat! I'll let you draw your own conclusions on what that was good for...provided the cop didn't knock on your window and tell you to leave the park...along with your...uh...passenger! :rolleyes:  Gear shift was a bunch of buttons on the left side of the steering wheel on the dash.

I remember having to start using a straight pen. Desks had fold up seats and an ink well holder for the ink you dipped the pen in.

Teacher with a large bottle of ink to refill you smaller bottle in the desk's ink bottle holder.

OH Yeah, and penmanship classes.

They didn't mention about when the 8-track player ate your tape, and you ended up with a foot or more of loose tape sticking out of the cartridge, and the little quick pull on one side which would allow it to wind up back inside.

13 hours ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

How many remember 8 Track players in your car?  When they first came out, they were monstrous. These replaced the short lived 4 track and 45 RPM record players in cars, (wonder how many remember 4 track and car record players?).

I had 8 track players in the first cars that I owned. Always seemed that no matter what the band was, it always switched tracks right in the middle of the best song on the album. Still have a couple of 8 tracks around here somewhere, probably don't work any more though.

I remember going to the movies and it was 25 cents. Box of popcorn a dime as was a Green river drink. 

When I got married it jumped to 35 cents for the movie, but gas was still 27.9 and gas wars would drop it down to 22.9 and sometimes lower.

As to Candy bars, they were a nickel or a dime but when a sugar shortage caused an increase to ro cents and higher, once sugar prices dropped, candy bars stayed the same, high.

the days when you could go to the movies with only change in your pocket - today you need a credit card or a bank loan , 

a dime in the chest type soda machine gave you one of those shapely coke bottles that they now consider nostalgic - and you opened it in that handy gizmo on the front of the machine 

Archived