SASS Wire Forum

Pedersoli Sights Set ….

John Boy

From Cimarron, a tempting quality Pedersoli purchase package after a review of the long range Soule vernier compared to the MVA Soule vernier 

Available base spacings not mentioned, Sharps, HiWall, Stevens

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/pedersoli-rifle-sights-soule-style-long-range-set-in-case.html   

The rear mounting hole is slotted. Distance between the two mounting holes is  2 3/16” up to 2 5/16” Should fit Sharps, Rolling Block, and Highwall actions.

I have this set on my Pedersoli 74 Sharps.

1 hour ago, John Boy said:

From Cimarron, a tempting quality Pedersoli purchase package after a review of the long range Soule vernier compared to the MVA Soule vernier 

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/pedersoli-rifle-sights-soule-style-long-range-set-in-case.html   

I have Taylors, Shaffers, MVA, but I like the Pedersoli.  I put that one on an 1885.

Boy, the price has gone up over the last couple of years.  Trying to buy one of the Windage Adjustable front Sights is a pain if you don't get the kit.

Has Pedersoli Sights ever won a the big BPCR shoot in New Mexico? The ones I have handled are OK but have not been as high a quilty as MVA, Lee Shaver Super Grade Soule Sights, Baldwin Sights, and Hoke Sights.  I have all 5 of the sights and just can't get the Pedersoli to shoot as well as the others.

You get what you pay for.

I have changed out all my Pedersoli rear sights (I have kept the front sights) for Lee Shavers (and I am paying in Australian beer tokens and a bomb in postage). 

For long range shooting you need the best you can afford.

On many of my single shots, there are Pedersoli verniers. Maybe lucky or what ever, have MOA groups out to 300 yards, many shots at 200 to 500m steel and holes/lead splashes on 1000yd targets in the 9-10 rings plus centers with both Pedersoli windage & Soule verniers

I prefer MVA & Kelley sights. I squired a rifle with Pedersoli sights, did not care for them. They were not as “tight” as my others. Plus harder to read.  I would up swapping them out.  I may just have had a defective one. I don’t know. 
I can say the Kelley sights are the best looking. Brass knobs, CCH staff. 

1519FCC6-35C6-46C8-A954-45F0F5F67E9B.jpeg

On 2/25/2022 at 6:04 AM, John Boy said:

I have a set coming in with UPS tomorrow (March 1st) and I’ll let ya know what they look like!

Archived