SASS Wire Forum

Well... it's on.

As I understand it the Russiun population does not get the news as to what is going on

Largo

7 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

As I understand it the Russiun population does not get the news as to what is going on

Largo

Конечно (of course)

7 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Largo

They must be getting something. The protests are growing. Abut 3,000 arrests in Russia so far.

BBC, Polish and Italian shortwave stations have increased their broadcasts into Russia.

On top of it all, news reports (if they can be trusted) say Putin has put his nuclear forces on "a higher state of alert"!  Now what does that mean? Is he threatening to nuke Ukraine? Is he now planning to attack the Baltic states using tactical nukes?  Some of his "inner circle" had better strongly think about removing him from power before he escalates this into WWIII!  If nothing else, lock him in a room with no communications! Maybe they should give him a drink of vodka and orange juice. Isn't that called a screwdriver? He needs one, because he sure has a screw loose!:excl: 

6 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

BBC, Polish and Italian shortwave stations have increased their broadcasts into Russia.

Anyone remember "Radio Free Europe?"  

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-russia-kharkiv-fighting/31726554.html

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I have a shortwave receiver somewhere, think i will dig it out.

But I can not help but remember a time in my youth, when I tried to tune in to Radio Free Europe to learn what they where saying. Just out of curiosity. Thought I found it. Listened for a half hour, not knowing the US and Europe were not seeking detante with Cuba. Wait for it... Station ID... I was listening to Radio Moscow!

Then I found Radio Free Europe a little later that evening and gave it a half hour also. They really sounded very similar to each other.

1 hour ago, John Kloehr said:

I have a shortwave receiver somewhere, think i will dig it out.

But I can not help but remember a time in my youth, when I tried to tune in to Radio Free Europe to learn what they where saying. Just out of curiosity. Thought I found it. Listened for a half hour, not knowing the US and Europe were not seeking detante with Cuba. Wait for it... Station ID... I was listening to Radio Moscow!

Then I found Radio Free Europe a little later that evening and gave it a half hour also. They really sounded very similar to each other.

I used to listen to them. M dad got a Hallicrafters receiver at the swap meat and refurbished it. I sent off o Radio Moscow for a QSL card.

4 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I used to listen to them. M dad got a Hallicrafters receiver at the swap meat and refurbished it. I sent off o Radio Moscow for a QSL card.

Be careful Bob....the typo Nazi's will get ya' :) 

33 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Be careful Bob....the typo Nazi's will get ya' :) 

;) My excuse.

018AB558-FCDE-4C1E-8C4B-80F6BF97B9FB.jpeg

Archived