SASS Wire Forum

Guess I'm in for a meal of crow

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Been bragging about having to "shovel partly cloudy" off of my Arizona driveway.  Woke up this morning to 4 inches of very wet snow.

Got dressed and went out to shovel it (bad back and all), finished in about 20minutes and came in to make breakfast.  Looked out an hour later and it's melting like an  ice cube in a microwave.  The roads are still wet but clear of snow.

Who says Mother Nature doesn't have a sense of humor?

Is the correct beverage to wash down a nice dinner of crow fricassee a tumbler of Old Crow?

Are you allowed to use a knife and fork, or do you have to use a crowfoot wrench?

Does eating crow make your eyes wrinkle?

29 minutes ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

:FlagAm: Now you have an actual, legitimate reason to be GRUMPY today.:P

Chas B

PS Just cloudy down here 

Don't NEED a reason to be grumpy.  Just am..... as natural as breathin'.

It’s here now. Coming down pretty steady. 
Ya can’t eat crow anymore. It’s illegal. :P

At least some of it is melting. A tad chilly in Denver! Set a new record of -7 last night! Some more snow forecast for today.  OTOH, the forecast for next week is in the +50's!  Deep arctic cold. Wife and I can just hunker.  The people I really feel for are the missile maintainers in Montana, Wyoming and N. Dakota! Never mind "colder than a welldigger's @$$!"  "Colder than the north end of a southbound missile maintainer!" really tells the tail! New Years day of 1969 it was -52 deg. in Great Falls, Montana. And there was NO WIND!  Couple of years later it went down to -54 deg.! 

Cool to read because my timing was excellent....

My wife and I just spend a week and a half in Arizona, spent a couple of nights in Monument Valley (stayed at a hotel in Bluff UT), a couple of nights in Page, a couple of nights in Prescott, then dropped down and spent a couple of nights each in Tombstone and Tucson.

Weather was perfect the whole time!

29 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

As to Crows, not exactly https://birdbarrier.com/crow-control/.  Not a dish of choice tho.

Forty ain’t about to start farmin. :lol:

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It’s here now. Coming down pretty steady. 
Ya can’t eat crow anymore. It’s illegal. :P

Last one I shot wasn't fit to eat. The .270 did a number on it. Crow is best served hot but it's still kind of bland.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Been bragging about having to "shovel partly cloudy" off of my Arizona driveway.  Woke up this morning to 4 inches of very wet snow.

Got dressed and went out to shovel it (bad back and all), finished in about 20minutes and came in to make breakfast.  Looked out an hour later and it's melting like an  ice cube in a microwave.  The roads are still wet but clear of snow.

Who says Mother Nature doesn't have a sense of humor?

............. I, too, have noticed that nature can be a real  "mother" every so often .......   :blush:

I believe they have a season U can hunt Crows.Don't know what the bag limit is.The Navajo tribe told us dont mess with their crows.

Largo

Tomato sauce wil make it palatable ............  -_-

............. lotsa tomato sauce .............  ^_^

.......... you'll need more than that ...  :o

10 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

At least some of it is melting. A tad chilly in Denver! Set a new record of -7 last night! Some more snow forecast for today.  OTOH, the forecast for next week is in the +50's!  Deep arctic cold. Wife and I can just hunker.  The people I really feel for are the missile maintainers in Montana, Wyoming and N. Dakota! Never mind "colder than a welldigger's @$$!"  "Colder than the north end of a southbound missile maintainer!" really tells the tail! New Years day of 1969 it was -52 deg. in Great Falls, Montana. And there was NO WIND!  Couple of years later it went down to -54 deg.! 

Had it down to -54 for a day in Cache Valley, Utah about 1966. I wasn't there, but my family was.  Coldest I ever saw it there was -42.

It was strange to watch the snow falling this afternoon and melting as soon as it hit the ground.

When I was in Junior High the county offered five cents a head for crows and thirty cents for a coyote's left ear.  Beat the dickens out of digging night crawlers and wading into the rivers to get rock rollers to sell for fish bait.

13 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Tomato sauce wil make it palatable ............  -_-

............. lotsa tomato sauce .............  ^_^

.......... you'll need more than that ...  :o

Tabasco can make almost anything palatable.

Not crow, though.

Never have liked the taste of crow- gamier than Spotted Owl and stringier than Condor.:ph34r:

5 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Tabasco can make almost anything palatable.

Not crow, though.

Never have liked the taste of crow- gamier than Spotted Owl and stringier than Condor.:ph34r:

Not porcupine either. Trust me.

Archived