SASS Wire Forum

Time Flys

Some things just make you realize your getting old.  God willing, next week I can say I have not missed an EOT since 2000.

Safe travels to all headed to Phoenix.

EOT 2000 buckle.jpg

That it totally awesome!  I've only been once, but I managed to get into Land Run this year so maybe that will be my new tradition...:P  Ha, Ha, not likely.  It would be nice, but unfortunately life has other requirements that consume far too much of my time.  Maybe in a couple of years....

Enjoy E.O.T.!

46 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Billy, that is a great streak.  And not just attending, you've been a serious competitor throughout.   Can I assume you buckled every year?

Thanks, but not all.  Always duelist but not FCD until 2004. Certainly a good run since then.

First year that I went.  Didn't shoot but bought a coke machine near and stopped by to talk to Col Flashman as we'd conversed on the old CAS City wire

16 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Some things just make you realize your getting old.  God willing, next week I can say I have not missed an EOT since 2000.

Safe travels to all headed to Phoenix.

EOT 2000 buckle.jpg

Billy Boots yep time does fly by fast. My first EOT was also in 2000 Senior 7th Place. Now here itis 2022 and this EOT will be my second one. Wow 22 years & time flies again.  Best to you & hope to see yah there pilgrim. God Bless. ..

Jackrabbit Joe 

811942772_EOT2000.JPG

On 2/23/2022 at 8:00 AM, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

Lets see here.  You were 32 when you started, so that makes you 52 now,  Must be good for another 20 to 30 years.

J M

Thanks JM, but WRONG. :D

22 minutes ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

Come to think of it, I believe that we’re pretty close in age. I’m 73 years young.

are you in Tombstone yet?

Be there about 7. Just based Deming. 

I'm ahead of you by 3 years

I won't be out until Sat morning. My shoulder replacement was Tuesday. Not really feeling like going out yet.

I'll be the old fart walking around with a big sling on my right arm.

See you then

7 minutes ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

I won't be out until Sat morning. My shoulder replacement was Tuesday. Not really feeling like going out yet.

See you then

Yo Pappy you take it easy with that shoulder and wait till it heals good. Thoughts & prayers for you & yours. Do hope to see you at the tent with whispering Meadows.. at EOT

14 minutes ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

See you then

He’ll be grouchy too!

17 minutes ago, Too Tall Bob said:

He’ll be grouchy too!

For sure.:D

28 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

For sure.:D

See y’all tomorrow morning!

My 1st was '98, and I missed most of all the N.M. years, and I have that buckle too. I don't remember what class I got in in though. Been a while.....

• 2 weeks later...

Stay with 'um cousin. I"M close enough to 82 to claim it. I aim to shoot with you again before I hang up my guns.

Archived