SASS Wire Forum

Hyar comes winter again

Utah Bob #35998

Laid in extra firewood. Fueled up the 4 wheeler and snow thrower. Sprayed slippery stuff on the sat dish and plow blade. Have sufficient liquor. They’re saying maybe 15” of white stuff this week.  Probably won’t see the sun till Thursday. What a difference a day makes.

14A88278-4036-442C-8016-44ACDB25C080.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Laid in extra firewood. Fueled up the 4 wheeler and snow thrower. Sprayed slipper stuff on the sat dish and plow blade. Have sufficient liquor. They’re saying maybe 15” of white stuff this week.  Probably won’t see the sun till Thursday. What a difference a day makes.

14A88278-4036-442C-8016-44ACDB25C080.jpeg

What is this “slipper stuff” you speak of? Does it work on painted surfaces? Glass? Just curious. 

I may need some in 9 or 10 months. ;)

Our snow just about melted and we're getting a storm in Colorado tonight and through Wednesday apparently. I think I'm over the snow now. Especially with so many idiots that don't know how to drive in it packed around me. 

54 minutes ago, Primus Palus said:

Our snow just about melted and we're getting a storm in Colorado tonight and through Wednesday apparently. I think I'm over the snow now. Especially with so many idiots that don't know how to drive in it packed around me. 

Same storm. I expect it’ll get worse as it heads East. Look out Kansas!

Seems like we've been getting all 4 seasons every week lately.

About twelve below zero last night, light snow, and wind. It was so blindingly white out this morning, I had a time picking out my road. Fortunately, after 48 years up here, I know where it's at... mostly - I've driven off it in similar featureless conditions a couple times in the past. :mellow:

3 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

About twelve below zero last night, light snow, and wind. It was so blindingly white out this morning, I had a time picking out my road. Fortunately, after 48 years up here, I know where it's at... mostly - I've driven off it in similar featureless conditions a couple times in the past. :mellow:

This side of the state lots of good reflective markers, even on paved county roads and the new rumble strips in the center.  Do you have those out west?  We'll be getting -16° tonight so it's coming this way fast.

Just now, Rip Snorter said:

This side of the state lots of good reflective markers, even on paved county roads and the new rumble strips in the center.  Do you have those out west?  We'll be getting -16° tonight so it's coming this way fast.

Down at the highway, yes, but my driveway up here is a mile and a half long. The first mile isn't bad, just stay fifteen feet from the fence and you'll stay on the road, but there's nothing to guide you the rest of the way.

1 minute ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Down at the highway, yes, but my driveway up here is a mile and a half long. The first mile isn't bad, just stay fifteen feet from the fence and you'll stay on the road, but there's nothing to guide you the rest of the way.

Mine isn't quite that long, around half a mile, but several years ago I started putting in reflective fiberglass stakes to guide my truck and the UTV plow.  Cheap and work great.  You can find them online..  You have to get them in before the frost or drive a hole for each post with a spike.

Almost 60 today and tomorrow then down to 32 high and snow. It’s all melted but now a fresh batch coming ! 
Beautiful day today! Went for a walk in the park!B) 

21 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Mine isn't quite that long, around half a mile, but several years ago I started putting in reflective fiberglass stakes to guide my truck and the UTV plow.  Cheap and work great.  You can find them online..  You have to get them in before the frost or drive a hole for each post with a spike.

Yeah, I have those. They work great.

Biggest snowfall of the season. More on the way tonight and tomorrow!

2-22-22a.jpg

2-22-22d.jpg

2-22-22b.jpg

2-22-22c.jpg

1 hour ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Trade you snow for -8 and yes its 10 am and 30-40 mph winds with a little snow (too cold for real snow )

At least you don’t have to push cold around. :)

I did make some fortifying cinnamon coffee cake before heading out. I have my priorities. ;)

717BE770-F0D7-43CD-A8B8-BCCBB779ADD2.jpeg

21 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Almost 60 today and tomorrow then down to 32 high and snow. It’s all melted but now a fresh batch coming ! 
Beautiful day today! Went for a walk in the park!B) 

Rye is not terribly far from me, so same weather conditions.
A few differences.
Rye is younger, smarter and better lookin' than me, and instead of taking a walk in the park, I had my Jeep E-checked, hobbled into the BMV in a walking boot and on a cane, renewed my Jeep plates and almost fell over backwards when I stood up.

Of course everyone was looking at me as I recovered from the near-fall, so I whipped off my ballcap, frowned at it and said "Now that's the trouble, my hat was off center!  No wonder I was off balance!"

Saved it with a laugh!

2 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Rye is not terribly far from me, so same weather conditions.
A few differences.
Rye is younger, smarter and better lookin' than me, and instead of taking a walk in the park, I had my Jeep E-checked, hobbled into the BMV in a walking boot and on a cane, renewed my Jeep plates and almost fell over backwards when I stood up.

Of course everyone was looking at me as I recovered from the near-fall, so I whipped off my ballcap, frowned at it and said "Now that's the trouble, my hat was off center!  No wonder I was off balance!"

Saved it with a laugh!

WC FIelds use to say, "Ahh, a sudden burst of gravity" :lol:

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

A salubrious -19° F tonight in Central Montana. Joy!

As Larry would say, “Now that’s cold. I don’t care who ya are”.

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Looks like the cabin is getting 3 ft by tomorrow!!!

NOAH shows the higer peaks of the Wimanuche, maybe Wolf Creek area to get around 40"!

Noah should know about precipitation if anybody would. :lol::lol:

ya , they said 8-12 here , but we got 2 yesterday - i shoveled [smoked a ceegar and when finished poured a manhattan] , then had another 2 today - i shoveled [smoked a ceegar and mixed a manhattan] , predicting it will clear and get real cold again overnight , planning to smoke a ceegar and mix a manhattan , life is good even if a bit cold and snowy these days , not going anywhere , 

It was 81 yesterday.

Forecast says it's going to be in the 80's Wed and Thurs with rain Fri as the front moves through.  Once it rolls through, the bottom's gonna fall out of the temps.

The high Saturday is supposed to be 68.:rolleyes:

Only been about 28° here for the past few days. Perfect snow conditions. Got about 5” last night. Maybe another 5-7 tonight. Then nice sun. But it won’t warm up till Sunday. Time for more Tylenol. :lol:

Archived