SASS Wire Forum

Colt Peacemaker BB gun

Ramblin Ron, SASS #79381

My basement dry fire practice is a lot more fun after going “live fire” with a very realistic Colt replica BB gun. The BB airgun looks right in place between the 5.5” Cimarron Uberti and Ruger Vaquero. Dimensions and weight are very similar. This airgun is made by Umarex and the BBs are loaded into brass cartridges or darts can be used. My favorite is using the darts and shooting a regular dart board at about 15 feet away. Draw, shoot a dart, holster, repeat. 

E23ABD2A-E051-4B5A-98E6-953252B1FEED.jpeg

8F440B4E-AB08-40D2-8A2A-27AFA19B1BAF.jpeg

A0539D98-A189-464D-B3DE-8BAD81F5AF26.jpeg

E1034A3E-1DAF-4A2E-9405-614FEA292A8B.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Frybread Fred said:

That is pretty cool.  What did it run you?

I got it through Pyramyd Air (Pyramydair.com) for about $125.00 including a discount that was being offered at the time. Mine was the set that included 1500 BBS, 5 CO2 cartridges and extra brass shells.

Lots of fun shooting out side or in garage.  This is  what I have along with my 1938 Daisy Red Ryder.

Have a great day & if you got these have lots of fun.

1190765479_CO2guns.JPG

1404003093_DaisyRedRyderCarbine001.JPG

i rather like the look and idea of that ., gotta look into it , might be a way to introduce grand kids to SASS -i have all the 22s but they are just getting to the point of trust , would like a less leathal starting point that i can play with too 

Did that to start the kids - great for fast draw, since you can't trash your leg  Even with .22, a member of a club I belonged to split his femur.  He didn't lose the leg, but had an awful limp.

Edit:  If you suspend  a large piece of scrap carpet behind the targets, no ricochets.

20 hours ago, Solomon Kane 18264 said:

I hung a drop cloth and placed the loose end in a box. Used pellets drop right in and I can reuse them. Lots of fun!

You can maybe reuse steel BBs caught in a soft trap, but I would not try to reuse lead pellets.

I got a cardboard box filled it with rags and old newspapers. Works great. Every so often I go inside and retrieve the BB's. Ammo forever!!:P

My experience is it varies from gun to gun depending on fit and gaskets.  Here is a serious money saving tip that I had forgot about.  I made an adapter with dowel rod and a penny - little dish in the wood, a penny at the other end, in order to use the small soda charging cartridges.  They could be gotten cheaply  at the time, and you could use one up in a session.

I got one also .

Love it .

They are fun little shooters 

On 2/25/2022 at 4:34 PM, Major Bill said:

How long can you leave canister in weapon before it leaks out between shoots?

I’ve had a cylinder last 4 days, I usually shoot them empty by then. Probably getting 90-100 shots before empty.

I have a pair of the Duke John Wayne pellet versions and I get 75 shots out of one Crosman 12 gram CO2 Powerlet Cartridge, any more than that and the velocity drops off significantly.

So I guess the porch pirates did not actually get mine.  It showed up on my front door yesterday.  F'd Ex is sucking majorly for deliveries lately.

Very pleased with the weight, feel and how it handles and shoots.   One of my dogs on the other hand hates it.  Weird because he does not react to any other firearms, must be something with the sound it makes.  He barks and makes a general ruckus if he even sees it.

Archived