SASS Wire Forum

Pietta 3.5 4 click?

Needle-Nose-Tom

Piettas don't have that new safety hammer, that is Uberti only.  All EMF and Cimarron Piettas will be 4 click.  Pietta also makes some transfer bar models, I don't know if they have 4 or not.

Good deal, I realized there was a question on the site it was listed and the dealer said the same. Anyone seen this model before? Looks like a good gun with the low hammer and no safety. I haven't. Like a runnin iron but Pietta. 

I'm surprised EMF doesn't offer a 3 1/2" with low wide hammer, because that's what lots of mounted shooters prefer.  They might substitute that hammer on their 3 1/2" Posse model if requested, maybe?  Do you know who the importer or seller is for that gun?  A lot of the Piettas sold at big box stores and various other importers have a transfer bar.  You might ask if this one does, if that would be a consideration.  It would for me. :)

Says it is an MGE Wholesale exclusive model, no transfer bar. I'm thinking it is good to go.Looks like the US Marshall model but with different grips and in 45colt. I was looking  for a ruger 3.5 but for 550 I might give it a look. 

Similar to a revolver that a Canadian shooter has, essentially a Deluxe Californian (1851 Navy grip frame) with Alchimista style wide low hammer and the wide centered trigger.  In other words, very similar to Taylor’s Run-n-Irons.  EMF had never seen one so it may have been spec’d by the Canadian importer.

I have a pair of Deluxe Californians coming from Bud’s (I hope).  I purchased Alchimista hammers and triggers to have installed.  I hope they will be worth the cost and effort.

I took a chance on a pair we'll see. I just hope they don't show up with any safety mechanism. I know the dealer said they do not. I really like my Californian it was great right out of the box. 

Just now, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

I took a chance on a pair we'll see. I just hope they don't show up with any safety mechanism. I know the dealer said they do not. I really like my Californian it was great right out of the box. 

Given the criticism of the Uberti Cattleman 2 passive safety (whether justified or not), I would think there is little chance that Pietta would introduce a similar system.  Not that I am privy to their plans.

If it is a standard hammer then I think the only "safety" will be the two position base pin.  Since you already have an EMF, you know about the base pin.  I don't mind a two-position pin on an Uberti (easy to shorten it, too), but I HATE the Pietta one that is only notched on one side, so I replaced mine on my one Pietta with an Uberti pin.  Problem solved!  :)

45 minutes ago, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

Given the criticism of the Uberti Cattleman 2 passive safety (whether justified or not), I would think there is little chance that Pietta would introduce a similar system.  Not that I am privy to their plans.

I agree, I've even started seeing some Taylor and Co guns using Pietta. Not sure if they have before or it might be a work around the safety. 

5 hours ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

I agree, I've even started seeing some Taylor and Co guns using Pietta. Not sure if they have before or it might be a work around the safety. 

Both Cimarron and Taylor’s have been importing and distributing some Pietta revolvers for a number of years.  Pretty sure that pre-dates the Cattleman 2.

i had a couple of these short ones , they never shot as well for me as the longer ones did so i divested them , hope you do better with yours , kinda wish i still had one of them for that doc holiday shoulder holster i have , but the longer one fits ok , 

On 2/21/2022 at 6:27 PM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

If it is a standard hammer then I think the only "safety" will be the two position base pin.  Since you already have an EMF, you know about the base pin.  I don't mind a two-position pin on an Uberti (easy to shorten it, too), but I HATE the Pietta one that is only notched on one side, so I replaced mine on my one Pietta with an Uberti pin.  Problem solved!  :)

After I bought my Piettas (which Buds has yet to ship) my next step was to order a pair of “no safety” Uberti base pins.  VTI was out and I got them from Taylor’s.  At a lower price.  “My mama told me, ‘you gotta shop around’”.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update picked these up today and I am very pleased. Super nice pistols with smooth action right out of the box. No safety crap of any kind, 4 clicks and very nice balance in the hand. EMF posse is what it's called I guess, didn't know that until the box showed up. Has Great western II on the 3.5 barrel. The grey grips are kinda a weird color for SAA but nice fit and finish. The CCH frame is also very nice. Overall without getting them to the range yet I would recommend to anyone looking for a short barrel 45.20220304_185804.thumb.jpg.56722bfa8ddb969fe7aeb489a86171c2.jpg

Archived