SASS Wire Forum

Just sad today

Doc Shapiro

11 minutes ago, watab kid said:

sorry to hear this , i know someone that was suffering from this that had two brain surgeries to implant a stimulator that has helped him a lot , his was to the point that he couldnt pick up a glass of liquid without it slopping out all over , not in anyway suggesting this to be a good idea for you , simply telling you of someone dear to me that was helped by it , im still not sure ill go shooting with him tho , 

good luck and prayers to you when you see the neurologist 

I'm familiar with that.  At the moment, the thought of brain surgery scares me a LOT.  I may end up there eventually, but not yet.

when he told me he was going to do this my reaction was exactly like yours and it was not my brain they were talking about , he is the father of one of my good friends , im a few years younger than him and i was not thinking it was a good idea but it worked great in this situation , he is a photographer and can now hold his camera steady again , im not convinced its worth the risk but i have seen the results to be successful , 

that said , if it were me id have a lot of thinking to do , i wish you my best and keep you in my prayers , life is short [particularly when your on the backside of it ] take care my friend 

So sorry to hear this Doc.  I remember fondly shooting with you in Georgia.

I can still shoot, but I do not have the endurance I one had at all.

If I must shoot 5 or 6 stages without stopping for a break and lunch, it is VERY difficult.

I pray you can get some relief and am glad you can enjoy playing some great music!

Doc - Sorry that you have run into medical issues. I just had a flashback and remember the good times we had at matches in Waldorf at the Southern MD Sportsmans Club. Especially down in the sand pit during July/August with the air temps at 100+. Also remember the gong hanging way out at the long-range berm. It was also the only club where breakfast or lunch might be fresh-caught perch.

Hopefully you will be able to find a medical treatment that will alleviate your situation and get you back to normalcy. Don't give up.

3 minutes ago, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

Doc - Sorry that you have run into medical issues. I just had a flashback and remember the good times we had at matches in Waldorf at the Southern MD Sportsmans Club. Especially down in the sand pit during July/August with the air temps at 100+. Also remember the gong hanging way out at the long-range berm. It was also the only club where breakfast or lunch might be fresh-caught perch.

Hopefully you will be able to find a medical treatment that will alleviate your situation and get you back to normalcy. Don't give up.

I miss those days.  I recall that I found a spot in the trees about 30 feet above that gong to aim at and could ring it reliably.  That was such fun!

Archived