SASS Wire Forum

Yep.... weird......buts its true

Buckshot Bear

Yep pretty automatic no matter where I see numbers. I also see military nomenclatures. Like 151, 113, 88, etc.

Ever since 9/11 :FlagAm:, there are days that I will randomly look at a wall clock, the stove clock, or cellphone at exactly 9:11AM or 9:11PM. :o

Obviously I see other times when looking, but not as many times as the 9:11 time.

I see it as a much needed reminder of the lives lost that day. 

I was flat on my back in the oral surgeon's chair, enduring a root canal ... the good doctor was switching bits every several seconds, calling out the designations.

I began to get worried when he passed 20, when he reached and went beyond 35 ... I was thinking this isn't diameter in millimeters, maybe it's length ...

... wait a minute ...

... I can visualize the bore diameter of the Oerlikon 20mm antiaircraft gun, and I can picture the width of 35mm camera film, and we're beyond that now ... 

... is his drill going to come out my scalp right here directly?

FORTUNATELY the bits are numbered sequentially and are NOT length in millimeters!

I do that. I see cartridge designations in clocks, license plates, price tags, etc. I saw a truck with 3006 on its license plate recently. Weird thing was a short time later I saw another truck with 3030 on its plate. :)

4 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I've always, when looking at the digital clock in my cars (only place I have them) when I see 3.57, 5.56, 3.03, 2.23, 3.08, 2.43, 2.20, 3.38 and others thought 'cartridge'.

Anyone else?

You have a clock in yer vehicle?

:o

kR

On 2/19/2022 at 5:53 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

I've always, when looking at the digital clock in my cars (only place I have them) when I see 3.57, 5.56, 3.03, 2.23, 3.08, 2.43, 2.20, 3.38 and others thought 'cartridge'.

Anyone else?

I see them in clocks and RFD mailbox numbers. Mailbox across the street from a friend is 4440. Mailbox along the way on another local street 223. Probably have seen more just can't think of them right now.

Archived