SASS Wire Forum

Finally something good for this year. Going back to prison.

This year's been a stinker so far, but got some good news today. Many of you may know I've been involved with Kairos Prison Ministry for years now. With Covid, we've been out of business for the most part for 2 years. Got the word tonite that the warden at French-Robertson Unit  green lighted to have our first Kairos weekend inside the prison in 2 years! Some years ago I was the chair of the Advisory Council and somehow just got elected to another 3 year hitch. So now we have 3 months to almost start from scratch to have another weekend in May. I'm also a volunteer chaplain (that's what they call us although I am not a man of the cloth) at Robertson. The weekend leader Brian and I have a lot of work the next three months and would sure welcome any prayers we can get for our upcoming weekend.

Much obliged,

JHC

Not a "man of the cloth" in term of formal matriculation and credentials, perhaps ...

... it can be argued that you are one of the Priesthood nonetheless!

Well done, my friend, and pretty damned proud of you!

Capt.,

When I first read the title of your thread I thought “Wow, things must be going pretty bad…”:lol:

I am glad you are getting to go back to doing something that you enjoy. I hope it truly helps some folks. :)

2 hours ago, Kid Russell said:

Good for you. My wife and I do Kairos outside for women. In Indiana we are still shut down.

We do KO too, mostly my wife. Have one coming up in a couple of weeks.

JHC

Archived