SASS Wire Forum

Modern Firearms?

Il Duce

7 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

So I take it that's what Wyatt Earp would be carrying if the Old West happened now? ;)

I have more than my share of modern firearms, but I don't normally talk about them except on like-minded forums.

umm-castle.gif

Here’s a couple of modern ones that I like very much….and my dog Maddie. Not sure how her picture popped into the little menu dealy, but what the heck. :D

9BE2EA16-3190-43EE-9C0B-B43A4464179B.thumb.jpeg.0cbe9c35db3d131d5f36a34bbbfca615.jpeg

2C9857E2-94CA-450A-969D-38CD203065CF.thumb.jpeg.6743b64ab4d6aa700c905b6032fab100.jpeg

I have quite a few modern firearms but they fail in comparison to my cowboy guns, but that’s just me, post away!! Meh........

Did some work to these babies today. They got new 3.5# Connectors. It helped the trigger a little but not quite enough. Now it’s time for some spring swapping. 

Glock 34s

A441A0F9-A525-4113-96C3-5285A5544BD6.thumb.jpeg.6d81bd701ffaf3151a9c2ad1d8d132c4.jpeg

I stepped out on the deck with these two today - kind of modern, I guess. One made in 1963 and one in 1980. They made for a decent "poor man's .22" for Bullseye. I can barely see a 3" target at 50 yards today, let alone hit it. :lol:

Factory Ruger muzzle brakes and Fitz 10-O-Grip grips.

Mk1pistols.jpg

'.....I have more than my share of modern firearms, but I don't normally talk about them except on like-minded forums...."

ya , me too , and this is only partly one of them , ive already mentioned more than i felt comfortable with in hindsight , but ive divested a lot of what ive talked about in US military and comonwealth military as well as all my miscellaneous russian/chinese/swiss and others , 

12 hours ago, E.D. BLACK said:

Here’s a Dirty Dozen of Six Shooters , courtesy of Connecticut .

52A0EECC-4A90-479E-A6A4-771906EDACB8.png

One might get the impression that you like Colt's. :D Very Nice! 

Newest revolver to the mix. Ah, revolvers... old school yet still practical.

20220219_181506.jpg

28 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Newest revolver to the mix. Ah, revolvers... old school yet still practical.

20220219_181506.jpg

That's such a nice looking shooter. :D Big Giant Thumbs UP!

11 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

I like guns , ALL guns , 

I be a GUNoholic , , and like being one 

if there be a cure , I want NO part of it 

Chickasaw Bill :P

On 2/19/2022 at 3:50 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Did some work to these babies today. They got new 3.5# Connectors. It helped the trigger a little but not quite enough. Now it’s time for some spring swapping. 

Glock 34s

On all of my Tactical Tupperware I've ended up replacing the #5.5 striker spring with a #4.5 spring,

replaced the safety spring with a reduced power (Ghost Co.), the trigger shoe with a Johnny Glock

improved trigger ($20), the 3.5 pound connector, and polished all the internal slide parts

and the trigger assy parts (takes all of 15 minutes).

All my Glocks run at 4.5 lbs trigger, smooth take up and clean break.   Not a 1911, nothing but perhaps

a SIG P210 could match that, but still as reliable as anything else I've shot (including a few revolvers).

YMMV,

SC

Here's a couple of mine.

1)Austrailian auto arms SAP 

They only imported 700 of these bad boys before they were banned and importation was stopped.

2) The infamous Python 

th.jpeg-2.jpg

20191011_165142.jpg

This guy loves to display all his weapons. Probably posted all over his Facebook page too!

This is all we will have if the "current administration " has their way!

IMG_63441.jpg

Resized_20201116_092218.jpeg

2 hours ago, Constable Nelson #11784 said:

Latest Revolver acquisition...

Howdy Constable Nelson:)

That’s a 627, correct? How does it shoot without the moon clips?  Does accuracy change with clips vs without?

Good looking shooters. :D

On 2/28/2022 at 12:00 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Howdy Constable Nelson:)

That’s a 627, correct? How does it shoot without the moon clips?  Does accuracy change with clips vs without?

Good looking shooters. :D

Yes it is .."Pro Series" or some such description... Shoots just fine with them...TBH I haven't tried without!  I use it for IPSC so reloading is RATHER important.  :D Should be noted I use 38 Short Colt brass...(or as I like to call it "9 x 19 Rimmed" lol )  ....some would say the long jump to the forcing cone is a problem... I haven't found that at all.   (And the short rounds in the moon clips are so much easier to load quickly... 

On 2/27/2022 at 4:29 PM, T.K. said:

Here's a couple of mine.

1)Austrailian auto arms SAP 

They only imported 700 of these bad boys before they were banned and importation was stopped.

2) The infamous Python 

th.jpeg-2.jpg

20191011_165142.jpg

..... are you sure that is AUSTRALIAN ?   :huh:

Archived