SASS Wire Forum

Gun Leather (All Sold)

Rube Burrows

Have a few Christmas Leftovers that I'd like to move. All are new and never used by anyone unless otherwise stated. "First I'll Take It" get it. 

SOLD- 1) Pair of 1851 Colt Slim Jim style holsters with border stamping. These are done in 10-12 oz leather and are very heavy duty. Never used. Right hand strong side and right hand cross draw (worn on the left side). Natural color.  150.00 plus 15 shipping

Sold- 2) Carbine Rifle Scabbard done in a basketweave pattern. 9-10 oz leather done in a distressed English Bridle Color with straps and buckles. $250.00 plus 25 shipping. 

SOLD-3) Texas Ranger Themed Tom Threepersons Style 1911 right hand holster. 9-10 oz leather that is fully suede lined. Texas Star Basketweave pattern with Texas Ranger Badge Concho on the front. Done in a walnut color. 100.00 plus 10 shipping. 

SOLD-4) 1911 floral carved holster in a distressed English Bridle color in 5-6 oz leather. This one has been slightly used.$85 plus 10 dollars shipping. Comes with matching knife sheath. 

IMG_3036_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_3038_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_5741_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_5745_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_5740_Easy-Resize.com (1).jpg

D47DE5FD-416F-4307-B757-A74BDBF037DE.JPG

53777DC8-9756-42F8-8D64-8FD6A8229DBD_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

B9701297-8353-423A-A4ED-83C58C9430FD_Easy-Resize.com (2).jpg

4AC33B52-1824-4FD2-9ACD-08C3A9C2D105_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_2156_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_2159_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_2158_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

FC3780F9-F5B4-4AC6-A6D2-F9B9EECAF5AB.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 9:16 PM, Longhorn Nick said:

Is it lined? Don't wanna scratch my henry brass.

Not lined but has not been hardened so the inside is somewhat soft. May still eventually scratch a Henry though because most anything will. 

IMG_9794.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

Hey Rube!

Tell me a little bit more about that scabbard...specifically what rifle and barrel length you set it up for? Also distance between straps would be helpful.  It appears that you'd built this to ride under the right fender, butt to the rear? 

Thanks,

"Ad"

19 minutes ago, Adolph Vancinghand, SASS #28923 said:

Hey Rube!

Tell me a little bit more about that scabbard...specifically what rifle and barrel length you set it up for? Also distance between straps would be helpful.  It appears that you'd built this to ride under the right fender, butt to the rear? 

Thanks,

"Ad"

Straps are 15" apart. There are strap loops on both side so the scabbard can  ride right side butt forward or left side butt to the rear and show the tooling or if a cowboy likes the plain side out he can let it ride on the left side butt forward or the right side butt to the rear. I was originally asked to make this by a guy who said he liked to use two different saddles. One plain and one basketweave. 

The overall length is approximately 30 inches. 

I made it to fit rifles such as the 92,73,66,94 etc that have a 20" barrel or so. Of course it would accommodate shorter barrel rifles 16" and 18" barrels also. 

24" barrels are a little to longer for it. 

Hope this helps. 

Ahhhh...NOW I understand why one side was stamped and the other left smooth. And the saddle surely don't know or care which side is "out" so either side is fine.

Your work sure looks handsome. Unfortunately, all but one of my saddle guns are 24".  Tell you what: if you're interested, PM me a quote on this same type scabbard for 24" barrels and smooth on BOTH sides. We might just do business yet!

"Ad" 

• Rube Burrows changed the title to Gun Leather (All Sold)

Archived