SASS Wire Forum

Are They Serious !

Dirty Redd

Got two covid test kits. in the mail this morning , guess where they were made . I’m gonna donate them to my garbage can.

I posted on the the other day. If you think you have symptoms go ahead and use them. 

We ordered our Federal freebies 1/2 hour after they opened the site on 1/20. Still haven't seen them or gotten a shipping track#. I sent the USPS as directed an e-mail and haven't heard a thing  in over a week other than they were looking into it---a canned reply.

If you are that serious, perhaps take a trip through the house to read the label on 99.9% of everything in your home... and dump in the garbage can.

I fully understand the sentiment, but waste is still waste.
If one is going to protest by manufacture location, go all the way.
Electronics, appliances, computers, phones... etc.

I received mine about 10 days after ordering them. Made in Korea. 

I gotta admit, if I truly had to use them...I would be dubious of the results no matter what Country it came from...including the US.

2 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Hmm same place as those Non Medical masks ? Love to see someone test them in a CS Chamber , Heck I will even run it :)

Yes they would find out real quick the quality... LOL

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

We ordered our Federal freebies 1/2 hour after they opened the site on 1/20. Still haven't seen them or gotten a shipping track#. I sent the USPS as directed an e-mail and haven't heard a thing  in over a week other than they were looking into it---a canned reply.

I did the same on the 20th and they just got here the other day. No tracking info

7 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I can't guess. Where were they made, Korea?

What difference does it make where they were made?

It really doesn’t. Just kinda ironic. Have the stuff in my house is Chinese made. It is what it is.

Years ago when I was active in the music recording business, I had a conversation with the owner of Studio Projects microphones.
These are designed by his engineers and manufactured in China.

He said the Chinese can literally build to any price point and level of quality.
Inside China, they build copies of German Neumann microphones for the China-only market.
They steal the intellectual property (design) and sell only in China, where they are immune from intellectual property theft lawsuits.

The quality of both Neumann copies and SP mics is simply superb.
Ditto for premium Hecho en China telescopes and computer boards.

Archived