SASS Wire Forum

CoVid Supplements Caution (Vanity Caution)

Pat Riot

When this CoVid thing took off I heard Dr. Oz and another doctor on the radio say that one precaution people could take to help stave off CoVid was taking large doses of Vitamin C, Vitamin D3 and Zinc.

I already took 2000mg of Vit. C daily but added D3 50mg (250% RDA) and Zinc 50mg (455% RDA) and while I was at it I started taking Vit. E 180 mg (1200% RDA) for my skin.

I also took a multi-vitamin that already contained Vit C 67%, Vit D3 125%, Vit E 125% and Zinc 100%.

I figured 100% is good - Lots more is better. :D
Now nearly two years later I noticed my hair thinning. I have a full head of hair and always have. I am 61 years old, so I figured this might just be "The way it is" except one day in the lunchroom at work the guys were watching TV and there was a news blurb about vitamin supplements and how people are going overboard and that some have had hair loss attributed to taking too much Zinc. That stopped me in my tracks and I listened to the news bit then did a little of my own research.

It turns out that the two things one can take that will cause hair loss or thinning hair is Vitamin E and Zinc.

On website after website those two were at the top of the list.

I stopped taking them over a week ago and already see a change. No extra hair in my brush or the drain.

This is just an FYI. Be careful of over doing certain supplements.

21 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

When this CoVid thing took off I heard Dr. Oz and another doctor on the radio say that one precaution people could take to help stave off CoVid was taking large doses of Vitamin C, Vitamin D3 and Zinc.

I already took 2000mg of Vit. C daily but added D3 50mg (250% RDA) and Zinc 50mg (455% RDA) and while I was at it I started taking Vit. E 180 mg (1200% RDA) for my skin.

I also took a multi-vitamin that already contained Vit C 67%, Vit D3 125%, Vit E 125% and Zinc 100%.

I figured 100% is good - Lots more is better. :D
Now nearly two years later I noticed my hair thinning. I have a full head of hair and always have. I am 61 years old, so I figured this might just be "The way it is" except one day in the lunchroom at work the guys were watching TV and there was a news blurb about vitamin supplements and how people are going overboard and that some have had hair loss attributed to taking too much Zinc. That stopped me in my tracks and I listened to the news bit then did a little of my own research.

It turns out that the two things one can take that will cause hair loss or thinning hair is Vitamin E and Zinc.

On website after website those two were at the top of the list.

I stopped taking them over a week ago and already see a change. No extra hair in my brush or the drain.

This is just an FYI. Be careful of over doing certain supplements.

Right?

Some are good, some are very bad with certain meds and too much of a good thing is never good!!!

Currently I’m substituting the zinc with Dr. Mercola’s Quercetin & Pterostilbene , I’ve had side effects with too much zinc.

Archived