SASS Wire Forum

Pistol manufacture?

Red Rider Rudy

I am pretty sure it was made by Julie. I could be wrong. Julie London did appear in a lot of westerns.

Julie London 1948 portrait (crop).jpg

8 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

5943825F-71CD-415E-80BF-05E512FE2AAD.jpeg

She was married to Bobby Troup (her second husband), who also appeared on Emergency! as Dr. Joe Early with her. Troup, of course, was a jazz musician who wrote the song Route 66

The Lady was one heck of a singer before she was an actress.  Her music has aged well and I still play it on occasion.

If it truly is English made, there should be a proof mark, usually under the barrel, usually two numbers indicating the year is was made.  If there are other marks they are easy to find on the internet,  and decipher.  I have a 2nd Gen colt that somehow came through the UK.  It not only has proof marks but bullet weight, and powder stamped on the bottom of the barrel.

1 hour ago, Red Rider Rudy said:

Thanks all, just looked under loading lever. It's a Uberti...:)

That worked out good.  However, enough about that, let's get on with more about London, Julie that is.  I'm old enough to appreciated it much more than some.  Yes, she was one heck of a singer, perhaps better at that than as actress, but pleasure to see and/or hear.

OK, time to head to saloon.

4 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

She was married to Bobby Troup (her second husband), who also appeared on Emergency! as Dr. Joe Early with her. Troup, of course, was a jazz musician who wrote the song Route 66

My father LOVED that show.  My mother said it was only because of Julie London.........................He never denied that claim. :lol:

5 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

One of the show's producers was Jack "Just he facts mam" Webb. He was also Julie London's ex-husband.

5 hours ago, Red Rider Rudy said:

Thanks all, just looked under loading lever. It's a Uberti...:)

We still would like to see some photos. Everyone here likes to see photos of firearms.

4 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

One of the show's producers was Jack "Just he facts mam" Webb. He was also Julie London's ex-husband.

Dum,de,dum, dum....told you I was old. 

Names withheld to protect the innocent.

On 2/16/2022 at 9:40 AM, Rip Snorter said:

The Lady was one heck of a singer before she was an actress.  Her music has aged well and I still play it on occasion.

If it truly is English made, there should be a proof mark, usually under the barrel, usually two numbers indicating the year is was made.  If there are other marks they are easy to find on the internet,  and decipher.  I have a 2nd Gen colt that somehow came through the UK.  It not only has proof marks but bullet weight, and powder stamped on the bottom of the barrel.

Wait! The ER nurse is the singer of “Fever” and “ Cry me a river”? I am a fan of the show and the saloon singer and never knew. Not to mention the Jack Webb connection. 

Archived