SASS Wire Forum

attention LADIES

For my wife and I, it's just another day.  A Hallmark created holiday that's meaningless and designed to sell cards.  We don't need a "special" day to profess our feelings for each other, or buy each other nick knacks. 

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon?

3 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

For my wife and I, it's just another day.  A Hallmark created holiday that's meaningless and designed to sell cards.  We don't need a "special" day to profess our feelings for each other, or buy each other nick knacks. 

Means more when you do it just because. 

8 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Nope. You're exactly right.

Valentine's Day can cause depression for those with no one with which to celebrate and it can cause stress for those with someone when certain expectations, taught by catchy advertising slogans are not lived up to. It's a made up, BS holiday that only exists to sell crap.

Now who's the curmudgeon? :D

It’s an excuse to go out and have a great meal and to enjoy sweets that I’m not supposed to be eating!!

I don’t REALLY need an excuse, but any opportunity to bust out is always welcome!!

I like the after sales,   get enough candy to last a year at 1/2 price....luv me some Cadbury eggs

1) As usual, wisdom in every post!

2) My wife purchased and installed her front license plate frame: across the top, "Blessed by God," and beneath, "Spoiled by my Husband!"

I do my best to live up to that one!

(whisper mode on)  Found out by accident that if you get her flowers, send them to her at work: her co-workers will hiss and sizzle like cats:

"Eeww!  I hate you!  My husband never sends me flowers!  Eww!"

(whisper mode off)

Archived