SASS Wire Forum

What's the call.

Rough 'N Ready Rob

25 minutes ago, Rough 'N Ready Rob said:

Revolver placed in holster with live round in cylinder, hammer down on spent round, found at unloading table. What's the call, MSV or SDQ couldn't find in rule book.

Thanks for any and all help.

Rob

Inadvertently left rounds in a revolver are misses, unless there is an unfired round under the hammer, in which case it is a Stage DQ.

SHB p.21 - "5-SECOND PENALTIES"

UNLESS... there is no EMPTY CHAMBER in the cylinder, which indicates that there were 6 rounds loaded at the LT and the shooter came to the stage with the hammer down on a live round.
If that's the case, then the penalty is a
MDQ for two SDQ's:
1. Holstering or staging a revolver with the hammer down on a live round.

&

2. Changing location/moving with a live round under a cocked hammer or firearm with the hammer down on a live round.

SHB p.22

18 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Inadvertently left rounds in a revolver are misses, unless there is an unfired round under the hammer, in which case it is a Stage DQ.

SHB p.21 - "5-SECOND PENALTIES"

UNLESS... there is no EMPTY CHAMBER in the cylinder, which indicates that there were 6 rounds loaded at the LT and the shooter came to the stage with the hammer down on a live round.
If that's the case, then the penalty is a
MDQ for two SDQ's:
1. Holstering or staging a revolver with the hammer down on a live round.

&

2. Changing location/moving with a live round under a cocked hammer or firearm with the hammer down on a live round.

SHB p.22

Thank you, you made my day, as I was the goof ball that did it. Last stage of the day, last gun of the day, I guess I was tired.   

Rob. 

Archived