SASS Wire Forum

WTB - 20 gauge hulls

Ozark Okie

Making progress on my 20 gauge set up.....now have a pretty nice SKB 100 (27" barrels, mod and full) and 20 gauge dies for my MEC 600. Have a few odds and ends of hunting ammo...used it to shoot a match on Saturday. I'm going to enjoy it...have always loved 20s and don't hunt much anymore, but I do shoot cowboy regularly; this way, I get to enjoy both.  Only decisions to make are how far I want to take the 20 in terms of cowboy modifications. I wont be better than a middle of the pack shooter (move to El Patron in June), but I can enjoy my friends and my equipment.   

Looking for hulls and wads to reload....and powder.  I am on the notify lists for powder (Universal, International, 20/28); didn't realize the complications for reloading 20....lots of "no nos" out there about not using my regular 12 ga powders (Clays, some Red Dot) in the 20. 

Thank you for any feedback, comments, suggestions. I truly appreciate the collective experience of the many of you who have gone down these paths before me.   

Ozark Okie

PS - Widder, if you see this, the Marlin 32 rifle is behaving at the moment. Will give you a call in a few days to update you. 

Where are you located and how many do you want?  I have a bunch of Remington one piece compression formed hulls.  They are mixed sts and premiers.  $15 per hundred plus flat rate shipping.  

Archived