SASS Wire Forum

Commercials

Saw some very lavishly produced TV commercials tonight that looked like mini-blockbuster movies and lots of top-dollar Hollywood stars. For the life of me, I can’t remember what any of them were advertising. 

Whatever happened to 15-second ads with a simple jingle or tag line? “Winston tastes good, like a …..” 

The only one that I remember is the Weather Tek commercial.

A whole bunch of crypto currency ones, they reminded me of the Super Bowl with all of the .com commercials about 20 (mol) years ago. By the next year, none of those .coms were still in existence.

The game was okay but the coverage was way too chopped up. If seemed and felt like it was out of whack. I didn't care for any of the commercials. All I could think was "They paid 7 million+ for that?"

Oh well, my wagers paid off. I had Cincy +4...glad they flubbed that PAT.

5 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I liked the Doritos commercial.  The Zeus for BMW was cute.

Didn't understand the QR thingy bouncing around like it was a Pong table.

You were supposed to take a picture of it with your cell phone, which would have taken you to their website. No doubt millions of cell phone addicts obliged. 

Pretty clever if you think about it. The advertiser knows instantly if their ad was effective in reaching an audience, and without millions of dollars in production costs or post broadcast market research. 

1 minute ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

You were supposed to take a picture of it with your cell phone, which would have taken you to their website. No doubt millions of cell phone addicts obliged. 

Pretty clever if you think about it. The advertiser knows instantly if their ad was effective in reaching an audience, and without millions of dollars in production costs or post broadcast market research. 

I figure that if they can't at least put on a block of text telling me what company or product it is they don't want me to know.  

13 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I figure that if they can't at least put on a block of text telling me what company or product it is they don't want me to know.  

They did after the pong thingee. I just don’t remember who it was. It sure wasn’t intuitive for us old fogies, but we aren’t their market anyway. 

Cell phone apps for "crypto currency?"  Boy, now there's an idea to instill confidence....!  :mellow:

I always mute the commercials or quickly change channels to anything but commercials! I can't stand them!:angry:

Just thought about the commercials last night again.

Did anyone notice that the old Volkswagen, Thing, was in several commercials. I wonder if VW is bringing it back.

The BMW electric SUV is ugly as sin, at least the front of it is.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:21 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Worked really well. So many tried to access their web page that it resulted in a sudo Denial of Service attack and their servers crashed.

18 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Worked really well. So many tried to access their web page that it resulted in a sudo Denial of Service attack and their servers crashed.

Seems like something a good management team would have planned for . Maybe a good indication of a company’s abilities. 

Only slightly off topic, but does anyone else besides me find inconsistencies in commercials amusing? 

One that jumped out at me recently was a car commercial where the couple were discussing what they wanted to eat. The woman, at one point, says that she had sushi with her girlfriends yesterday and in the next breath says, “I don’t like seafood!”

Uh….

3 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Only slightly off topic, but does anyone else besides me find inconsistencies in commercials amusing? 

One that jumped out at me recently was a car commercial where the couple were discussing what they wanted to eat. The woman, at one point, says that she had sushi with her girlfriends yesterday and in the next breath says, “I don’t like seafood!”

Uh….

Is that the one that they almost hit a Taco truck and decided to have Tacos for dinner? Chevy commercial I believe.

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Is that the one that they almost hit a Taco truck and decided to have Tacos for dinner? Chevy commercial I believe.

YEP!!

This is slightly off topic but these Liberty insurance commercials say, "Only pay for what you need", well excuse me but aren't all insurance companies like that? I have AllState for car insurance and also house insurance and I designed my auto they way I wanted. Liberty is sure duping a lot of people into thinking they're the only ones that do this!:o

13 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

This is slightly off topic but these Liberty insurance commercials say, "Only pay for what you need", well excuse me but aren't all insurance companies like that? I have AllState for car insurance and also house insurance and I designed my auto they way I wanted. Liberty is sure duping a lot of people into thinking they're the only ones that do this!:o

Yup, and the salesman will still try to convince you to buy something you don’t need.

13 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Maybe, but they were a bunch cheaper for the same coverage than a lot of others I looked at when AAA left our area.

Archived