SASS Wire Forum

Into the Wild Frontier

Chief Rick

New series starting Thursday, 17 February on INSP channel (that's channel 259 on Dish).

Early pioneers, scouts, hunters, and traders fulfill America’s destiny to expand Westward, exploring uncharted territory to blaze new trails. While dangers of deadly predators, starvation, bad weather, and unwelcoming Native Americans linger around every corner, the promise of land and opportunity push brave men like Daniel Boone, Kit Carson, and John Colter to keep going. Within the epic adventures and survival of the early settlers lies the origins of Western lore and the creation of legends that live on forever.

INSP is channel 364 on DirecTV.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I recorded the first two episodes; first was on John Colter and second was on Jim Bridger.

I'm struggling with the way the subjects are presented - the acting and the dialogue.

I'm no expert on either of the men but I know a little about both.  Maybe if I had no idea who they were I would not be critiquing the show so hard.

36 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

So, I recorded the first two episodes; first was on John Colter and second was on Jim Bridger.

I'm struggling with the way the subjects are presented - the acting and the dialogue.

I'm no expert on either of the men but I know a little about both.  Maybe if I had no idea who they were I would not be critiquing the show so hard.

I've been in the same dilemma. The subject matter is my main interest...the reenactments,,.meh.

I'll keep recording it, what the hell else is on...on Thursdays. 

9 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I'll keep recording it, what the hell else is on...on Thursdays. 

I get a kick out of Battle Bots on Discovery on Thursday night! :lol:

New episodes!!  Good stuff and they’re just getting down to the 32 entry championship eliminations.

18 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I get a kick out of Battle Bots on Discovery on Thursday night! :lol:

I tried to set up the DVR to record only new episodes but I keep getting episodes that are listed as "NEW" that are from last year.  On top of that, it seems an episode will end before the final match on a regular basis and I don't get the continuation recorded.

I set up the DVR to record only the Thursday 7:00 pm CST episode. Most everything else is reruns or oddball stuff.

They also run a series cald “Bounty Hunters” that spans two Thursday nights.  If I watch that, it’s when broadcast. I don’t record those shows.

Archived