SASS Wire Forum

WTB Taylor Hickok

4 minutes ago, J.C. Smoke, SASS #22300 said:

Title about covers it 

Hard to find right now but  online is you best chance and ship to your FFL
https://www.impactguns.com/revolvers/taylors-company-the-hickok-open-top-38-special-3-50-blued-barrel-cylinder-color-case-hardened-steel-frame-walnut-army-size-grip-6rd-810012511933-550958#ammoseek

I just picked up a pair.  Any modern gun shop has internet access to the various distributors.  They can order them for you or you can order them direct from Taylors's and have them sent to a local FFL.  I just looked at a local store's website and looked up Taylor and selected the Hickoks.  They showed up about four days later at my local LGS.  

My pair.  This week I will start tuning them and getting them ready for competition.

DSC_0003.thumb.jpeg.fbf9d38eea9de4118c76a71ec2dce853.jpeg

Had one of these. Easy to tune and very nice to shoot. Well balanced in the hand. I did not like the high hammer and if I kept it would have lowered the hammer. But very unique guns.

Curious why they call this model the Hickok, since his preference was for the 7 1/2” Navy. Should have called this model the Dallas Stoudemeyer, since he was known to carry two of the in his hip pockets, IIRC. Not sure about the spelling on that last name…

Very true, but a lot more people know the Hickock name than Stoudenmire (I looked up the spelling :) ).  What's more, Hickock shot '51's and may have had conversions, but not the '72 Opentop.   Stoudenmire's gun (at least one of them) was a '60 conversion, but looked very much like Taylor's Hickock OT.   Just marketing.

Archived