SASS Wire Forum

Stovepipe cowboy boots

Johnny Swan, SASS #50322

That particular style of stove pipe or preacher boots (with the expandable top) and mule ear straps were imported from China by Durango boots long ago. To the best of my knowledge they no longer carry them and haven't for several years.

I have 3 pair that look exactly like yours and all have the same made in china label.

Buffalo Runner makes a stovepipe boot but I find they are too tight in the calf to allow pants to be tucked in.

Boulet Shooter Boots makes stove pipe boots. I have no first hand experience with them but you can find dealers all over the US using the Find a Dealer link on their website.

Historical Emporium also carries a similar boot

Do a google image search and you can find several similar style boots and the stores that carry them. If you want the mule ear straps be sure to include that term in the search

That's a great reply, thanjs...thanks... bad it's not the info I wanted to hear..

Lol. I also can't wear most stovepipe boots. Between a high instep and thicker calves it's difficult.  Those boots fit perfectly. 

Maybe check here?

https://stores.worknranch.com/mens-boots/

I'd swear I just saw Preacher boots somewhere, if I can remember, I'll post it up.

The other thing to remember is that the Cavalry boots and whatnot that you see at Historical Emporium and C&C and most others are coming from Pakistan. I think if you check out iSutler on eBay, they have most of the styles available and run about the best prices.

Just sayin...

11 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

That particular style of stove pipe or preacher boots (with the expandable top) and mule ear straps were imported from China by Durango boots long ago. To the best of my knowledge they no longer carry them and haven't for several years.

I have 3 pair that look exactly like yours and all have the same made in china label.

Buffalo Runner makes a stovepipe boot but I find they are too tight in the calf to allow pants to be tucked in.

Boulet Shooter Boots makes stove pipe boots. I have no first hand experience with them but you can find dealers all over the US using the Find a Dealer link on their website.

Historical Emporium also carries a similar boot

Do a google image search and you can find several similar style boots and the stores that carry them. If you want the mule ear straps be sure to include that term in the search

I wear Boulet boots and there is plenty of room to tuck in your trousers. DC

2 hours ago, Diamond Curly SASS#57086 said:

I wear Boulet boots and there is plenty of room to tuck in your trousers. DC

I wear a pair of Abilene boots. Really comfortable, but very big at the top. I've even pulled them off at the end of the day to find a spent shotshell hiding out in the cuff of my pants.

look simular to the boots i got from  CaBoots.   hand made in Mexico.   mine are brown, have a wide spur shelf and Cuban heels.   fit like a glove right out of the box.   and they do ask for the diameter of your calves.  to give room to tuck in your trousers.  love 'em

Several years ago I got a black and brown pair of Boulet boots from here https://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/Category.cgi?category=7100&type=store in person at thier store in town while I was at Winter Range.

7 hours ago, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

Texas Jacks has them listed on their website.

https://www.texasjacks.com/oak-tree-preacher-boot.html

Rafe

If you want brown, size 7, you're in luck.^_^

4 hours ago, Seven said:

look simular to the boots i got from  CaBoots.   hand made in Mexico.   mine are brown, have a wide spur shelf and Cuban heels.   fit like a glove right out of the box.   and they do ask for the diameter of your calves.  to give room to tuck in your trousers.  love 'em

Did you get them there, or did you order online? They look great, but seem a bit pricey. 

I should add that I didn't think I would ever spend a hundred bucks on a pair of shoes until I bought my first pair of Ariats, nor over two hundred on work boots until I got my first pair of Redwings. Now I'm at the point of "Five bills for a pair of boots? Sounds reasonable." 

ordered by phone.   think they have a small add in the Cowboy Chronicle.    worth every penny.

Archived