SASS Wire Forum

WATCH IT PARDS

Chili Ron

Howdy,

A good friend just visiting in a hospital got covid.

Just because we are tired doesnt mean this darn bug is.

I hate the mask but gotta wear it. at least inside.

Im going to get the 95 one soon.

Stay outta hospitals dont visit. Send pix or even call.

Avoid crowds.

Best

CR

Don't forget to wear your mask when you're driving by yourself and also when walking outside when no one is anywhere near you!! 

I've lost five (5) family members since April 2020 and my son and I have had a minor tussle with it.

I had two shots of the Pfizer and Ian had two and the booster, so the symptoms were mild, more like a cold, except our sense of taste and smell went south for a week. 

I'll follow sensible precautions but like Rip and Rye, I'll wonder about people wearing masks alone in their car or walking alone.

21 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I've lost five (5) family members since April 2020 and my son and I have had a minor tussle with it.

I had two shots of the Pfizer and Ian had two and the booster, so the symptoms were mild, more like a cold, except our sense of taste and smell went south for a week. 

I'll follow sensible precautions but like Rip and Rye, I'll wonder about people wearing masks alone in their car or walking alone.

I think these people ate just scared! The media put everyone a frenzy about this flu. I’ve lost a couple friends and a family member. They either didn’t get the shots or they had previous health conditions. I got the 3 shots including the booster, so I’m aware and somewhat careful but I’m not living my life in fear of this!

Stay healthy pard!!

Well I personally had it last week. Pretty sure it was from a hospital. I have been working the last year to get my step dad part of my liver he desperately needs. After long months of testing and planning we finally had a date February 7th. I had to fly into Dallas for the last round of tests pre op a week prior. Unfortunately I believe that's when I probably got it. Got another flight last Saturday and had to have a covid test before the surgery on Monday. I'll be If I didn't test positive. The surgery has now been postponed 6 weeks minimum. Not a symptom one. This covid can go straight to well you know. 

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I think these people ate just scared! The media put everyone a frenzy about this flu. I’ve lost a couple friends and a family member. They either didn’t get the shots or they had previous health conditions. I got the 3 shots including the booster, so I’m aware and somewhat careful but I’m not living my life in fear of this!

Stay healthy pard!!

Yep and the moderna CEO and president just dumped all 2 million of their stock ,  Whats that tell you ?
 I have had the anthrax series and well wait 5 years and see what the side effects are they arent fun. I will pass Had flu worse and now CDC admits natural immunity is 6 times more effective to much do as I say In this when you can watch the old conspiracy files with Jesse Ventura and they flat out talk about it . 

10 minutes ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

Well I personally had it last week. Pretty sure it was from a hospital. I have been working the last year to get my step dad part of my liver he desperately needs. After long months of testing and planning we finally had a date February 7th. I had to fly into Dallas for the last round of tests pre op a week prior. Unfortunately I believe that's when I probably got it. Got another flight last Saturday and had to have a covid test before the surgery on Monday. I'll be If I didn't test positive. The surgery has now been postponed 6 weeks minimum. Not a symptom one. This covid can go straight to well you know. 

Be praying for you guys here, keep me up to date and take care of your beautiful family.

20 hours ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

Unfortunately trace elements of the virus can remain for up to 4 months causing a positive test, even though you may not have symptoms nor are contagious. My surgery back in November was postponed because of this. I finally got a negative test 8 weeks post infection and mild symptoms. 

Hospital policy varies widely on this. Hopefully you’ll sail through. 

Good luck!

8 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Yup! And don't forget to look both ways before you cross the street!  Life isn't safe, and if it were it would be a bore.  Make your own choices and take the precautions that make sense to you personally. 

And maybe the Lord and a lot of friends will smile upon you if you can find just a little consideration for all of us other folks who are medically compromised and must try very seriously to avoid being exposed (through association with you, during the 7 pre-symptomatic days when you are unaware that you have it and are an active COVID spreader.)   

The rest of us are doing whatever we can to try to help get this miserable medical and economic curse extinguished from our country, but we are having to tow an equal number who don't appear to give a darn about others around them or about businesses who are materially affected.  They insist on making what they mistakenly call "their personal choices".  But in reality, they are making everyone else's choices for them.  

We will appreciate you trying not to catch COVID  through abject  carelessness,  and then sharing it with us at our gatherings.  And businesses will appreciate you wanting to do your part and act responsibly. 

We hear a lot these days about being free to make our own personally choices.   You certainly have the freedom to make your own choices to simply take the risks, and in doing so, you personally won't have to give up anything at all that you enjoy.    That's a wonderful situation for you.  But have you considered that in making those choices, you are also predisposing the choices of others?  Some of us--in fact statistically well over half of the rest of us-- who are medically compromised, don't have a choice at all if folks around us refuse to take reasonable precautions.  For us, it means we have to avoid all gatherings.  We cannot participate in our club gatherings at all, because your personal choices to refuse to be vaccinated or wear a mask indoors, day to day, make it quite likely we could catch it from you. 

Everyone is being hammered daily about not being  required to mask up or go get a vaccine.  That is all well and good, but it's very sad that so many people don't WANT to do what is safest for friends and family around them.   

First off,  have the deepest sympathy for those who have lost family members.  I had to be tested fairly recently for minor surgery and do not have the disease.  I live on a ranch far out in the country.  I have not been ill, but if I am, I stay at home.  The only times I have worn a mask during this whole miserable BS is to go and get medical care for other issues. I am not near other people often, nor do I go to crowded places.  If you believe a mask works, by all means wear one, it will protect you from me.  My Dad was a distinguished Physician, one thing I learned from him was that viruses mutate, there is no end to vaccination.  Have only ever had Tetanus, Polio, and whatever was in the mystery shots I got from the USMC.  I take vitamin D, I exercise, sleep well and eat well.  I will get it or I won't.  That's life.  Though tragic, both the infection rates and fatalities are minuscule in Montana.  RIP Over and Out.

For myself I do the following: upgrade my own personal hygiene, especially when we've been out and about; take vitamins C, D3, and Zinc; stay away from people that are hacking and coughing; and lastly, try to let people know that when they have received the shots and booster that they are not IMMUNE.  Too many people assume immunity after they have all their shots.

They good news - we probably will not have another flu season this year as everything will be tagged as COVID.

Hanging in there,

BS

If anyone is compromised I understand the worry, but since vaccinated/booster can contract and transmit while being more likely to not know it one could argue those folks are more dangerous.   I had Covid 3 weeks back, less than cold and in years past certainly would have gone to work… but for the good of others stayed home.  Just saying if you are that worried you have to assume everyone you contact is carrying it, you are taking a gamble.  CDC recently admitted cloth masks make no statistical difference, and that medical masks reduced risks only about 10% so unless it’s a properly worn N-95 it’s false confidence inducing eye candy.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I’m afraid that I have had about enough of this bug. 

I think we all have.  But unless we work together as a society and a nation, by uniformly taking proper precautions,  it will continue to persist and drag our country down both medically and economically. 

Medical professionals know how to keep viruses from spreading.  They've successfully contained them in hospitals and research facilities for a Century.   But too many people are still listening to gossip and opinionated but uninformed radio talk shows  instead of their medical professionals.  The fact that folks have to don a mask just to get in to talk with their doctor should give a strong clue.  

21 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

For myself I do the following: upgrade my own personal hygiene, especially when we've been out and about; take vitamins C, D3, and Zinc; stay away from people that are hacking and coughing; and lastly, try to let people know that when they have received the shots and booster that they are not IMMUNE.  Too many people assume immunity after they have all their shots.

They good news - we probably will not have another flu season this year as everything will be tagged as COVID.

Hanging in there,

BS

Agree with all except the last part.  Hospital records are kept more accurately than that.  If you are admitted and treated for Influenza, then the records will show that.  It is jailable felony fraud to report otherwise.  It may be happening, but it certainly is not widespread. 

2 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Agree with all except the last part.  Hospital records are kept more accurately than that.  If you are admitted and treated for Influenza, then the records will show that.  It is jailable felony fraud to report otherwise.  It may be happening, but it certainly is not widespread. 

I agree to disagree.  When I was getting ready for my cataract surgery last year I received paperwork asking if I had "any of these flu like symptoms", meaning COVID.  

The last I heard the doctors were receiving $12K for the COVID stamp, $40K for ventilator.  $0 for the flu.  When the government stops paying institutions for specific numbers, then maybe I will believe them.

And don't forget the stage 4 cancer patient that contracted COVID, recovered, and then passed.  Cause of death - COVID.

48 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

I agree to disagree.  When I was getting ready for my cataract surgery last year I received paperwork asking if I had "any of these flu like symptoms", meaning COVID.  

The last I heard the doctors were receiving $12K for the COVID stamp, $40K for ventilator.  $0 for the flu.  When the government stops paying institutions for specific numbers, then maybe I will believe them.

And don't forget the stage 4 cancer patient that contracted COVID, recovered, and then passed.  Cause of death - COVID.

Agree to disagree. 

What you described is criminal (felony) insurance fraud, whether against private insurance or taxpayers.  People doing what you describe are actively being investigated and prosecuted. 

We've all heard lots of rumors and stories, but as is usually the case, many are exaggerated misunderstandings.   

The COVID deaths being reported are for people who died during an actual course of treatment for COVID.  Obviously it can be claimed that many also had other illness, because over 70% of COVID cases (and 70% of all of us) have other prior documented predisposing illness.  But that does not erase the fact that the proximal cause of death--what is  shown on official Death Certificates (that in most states have to be Certified by Official local Sheriff-Coroners)-- is COVID. 

Just about all of us have some kind of other prior illness, but if we catch COVID and die sooner than expected during the COVID treatment, then COVID is, in fact, the proximal cause of our death.  Most states also list the other known illnesses on Death Certificates, and that data is used for later medical research and vital statistics reporting. 

Doctors are simply not free to just assign any causation that they choose to a Certificate of Human Death, and it is a huge over-simplification to assert that they get paid XXX dollars (extra) for listing COVID on a DC.  They receive the payment you described in place of what would otherwise be their Medicare or private insurance billing, which for COVID patients nearing death often will otherwise total in the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars; especially where ICU hospitalization and expensive drugs are included in their treatment.  The payments that you described are all that Congress Is willing to pay out on a COVID diagnosis.  They are a cap on billing--not an extra government stipend, as is being rumored about.  And even with those payment caps in place, the disease is costing taxpayers Trillions. 

In most cases. hospitals and doctors would bill much more if they simply could bill COVID like any other illness, charging for actual services.  But the likelihood of anyone having the funds to actually pay those bills is slim, without government and taxpayer involvement.  It is similar to the situation where doctors contract with insurance companies or Medicare, agreeing to accept what the insurance company considers as reasonable, traditional and acceptable.  

20 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Don't forget to wear your mask when you're driving by yourself and also when walking outside when no one is anywhere near you!! 

Ifu you wear glasses and behind the ear hearing aids the strap of the mask gets tangled, making it a PITA to take the mask off so you leave it on for short drives.

1 hour ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Ifu you wear glasses and behind the ear hearing aids the strap of the mask gets tangled, making it a PITA to take the mask off so you leave it on for short drives.

Id take the extra time just not to wear that stupid mask.

1 hour ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

2 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Face it--masks in general are a big PITA. 

I've never understood folks wearing them when they are walking or driving alone for longer periods.  I suspect that is more of a statement than a safety measure. 

But you do bring up a valid point about the straps.  An N-95 avoids the glasses and hearing aid tangles. 

For me, fogged glasses alone are enough to make me hate wearing a mask, particularly now that I am 3X vaxed and I know I have a very active IGG and T-cell immune systems.  So the vaccines most probably will protect me if I am exposed. 

But I wear an N-95 and liberally use hand sanitizer whenever I'm around other people, either in close outdoor crowds or indoors, because I know my wife, who is immune compromised, will not survive the disease if I bring it home to her.   The same is true for several of my close friends with either cancers or immune disorders.  I don't want to be a vector of lethal disease to any of them or others with whom I associate and do not know their medical vulnerabilities. 

I've heard all the talking heads saying masks offer little protection.  But I don't see medical staff in COVID ICU wards or virology labs removing theirs, and that is for good, proven reasons.  I also don't know very many people who would want to undergo surgery with the surgical team not masked up.

The N-95 designation is a tested specification, based on extensive required NIOSH medical device testing.  It's specs are printed right on the mask.  My experience has been that N-95s are also more comfortable to wear and they fog my glasses much less than a looser fitting cloth or surgical mask.  

17 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Face it--masks in general are a big PITA. 

I've never understood folks wearing them when they are walking or driving alone for longer periods.  I suspect that is more of a statement than a safety measure. 

But you do bring up a valid point about the straps.  An N-95 avoids the glasses and hearing aid tangles. 

For me, fogged glasses alone are enough to make me hate wearing a mask, particularly now that I am 3X vaxed and I know I have a very active IGG and T-cell immune systems.  So the vaccines most probably will protect me if I am exposed. 

But I wear an N-95 and liberally use hand sanitizer whenever I'm around other people, either in close outdoor crowds or indoors, because I know my wife, who is immune compromised, will not survive the disease if I bring it home to her.   The same is true for several of my close friends with either cancers or immune disorders.  I don't want to be a vector of lethal disease to any of them or others with whom I associate and do not know their medical vulnerabilities. 

I've heard all the talking heads saying masks offer little protection.  But I don't see medical staff in COVID ICU wards or virology labs removing theirs, and that is for good, proven reasons.  I also don't know very many people who would want to undergo surgery with the surgical team not masked up.

The N-95 designation is a tested specification, based on extensive required NIOSH medical device testing.  It's specs are printed right on the mask.  My experience has been that N-95s are also more comfortable to wear and they fog my glasses much less than a looser fitting cloth or surgical mask.  

Masks are a big PITA and I understand why people do not like wearing them.  However, I have to take an immune suppressant because of myasthenia gravis, which makes me succeptable.  And I have studied microbiology, so I understand how even the most basic mask offers some degree of protection. 

I realize that most people have made up their minds and nothing I say is going to change their thinking. 

I wear the mask, and I appreciate your thoughtfulness when you wear yours.

On 2/12/2022 at 9:41 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I live in the country, a mile from the paved road, and during that January cold spell, I wore a mask when doing my daily walk down the road as the breeze is quite cold on the face when it is -20C.  But, yes, I go to town and see the odd person driving around with a mask on when they are the only one in the vehicle.

I don't live in fear now or since the beginning. However..........about 3 weeks ago my sister AND her husband died 24 hrs apart from secondary pneumonia from Covid. It is not to be taken lightly. I'm on a FB page for health care professionals. One ICU nurse summed it up pretty well for those who say it's not much worse than the flu.  She said she's never had to sit and watch healthy 40 year old men die from the flu.

JHC

I do wonder if the solo drivers wearing masks also wear double condoms.
Then I see the Biden-Harris sticker on their bumper, and all is revealed.

My first adventure in the E.R. was in mid-December.
The place was loaded up with covid cases.

My second adventure was a heart attack, again in the E.R. for 48 hours.
Every bit of non-critical floor space was converted to barracks-style beds.
One RN told me they had 90 covidos in residence.
My daughter had 93 covidos in residence at her place.

My wife and I have never caught it.
We continue sanitizing protocols with hands and groceries.
IMO the mask is worthless.
We go along to get along.

RN #1 has has covid 2x so far.  Caught it at work.
She believes it is now airborne... they are enduring a lack of proper PPE due to shortages.

RN #2 has never had covid.
Her 5 year old son, and her hubby both had it.
The kid was entirely asymptomatic and doing all the maniac things that 5 year olds do.

Navy daughter in Guam finally caught it in the States, while back home for a briefing trip.
Her 14 year old daughter had it, hubby took an air mattress and moved into his base office to avoid it.

Anybody thinking because they are vaxxed  that they cannot catch, and cannot spread covid, is an idiot.
This bug will be with us forever, just the same as the flu virus that changes every year.
Same as H1N1 in 1918, it will wipe out a section of the population, and the rest will survive.

I think that I'm immune from all the shots I've had from going to exotic 3rf world vacations and business trips

The malaria shots alone should clear up everything. TheM95 masks are uncomfortable. Sometimes I can't go in a place without a mask so I just grab one from pocket that's been used so much that's super soft. And the horse they came in on to those businesses

10 hours ago, bgavin said:

I do wonder if the solo drivers wearing masks also wear double condoms.
Then I see the Biden-Harris sticker on their bumper, and all is revealed.

My first adventure in the E.R. was in mid-December.
The place was loaded up with covid cases.

My second adventure was a heart attack, again in the E.R. for 48 hours.
Every bit of non-critical floor space was converted to barracks-style beds.
One RN told me they had 90 covidos in residence.
My daughter had 93 covidos in residence at her place.

My wife and I have never caught it.
We continue sanitizing protocols with hands and groceries.
IMO the mask is worthless.
We go along to get along.

RN #1 has has covid 2x so far.  Caught it at work.
She believes it is now airborne... they are enduring a lack of proper PPE due to shortages.

RN #2 has never had covid.
Her 5 year old son, and her hubby both had it.
The kid was entirely asymptomatic and doing all the maniac things that 5 year olds do.

Navy daughter in Guam finally caught it in the States, while back home for a briefing trip.
Her 14 year old daughter had it, hubby took an air mattress and moved into his base office to avoid it.

Anybody thinking because they are vaxxed  that they cannot catch, and cannot spread covid, is an idiot.
This bug will be with us forever, just the same as the flu virus that changes every year.
Same as H1N1 in 1918, it will wipe out a section of the population, and the rest will survive.

Another sad story is (was) a close  friend of mine, the Registered Professional Forester and Foresty Consultant who assists me through my timber harvesting and permitting processes. 

She watched via streamed video as a crowd of half-informed and politically charged parents literally screamed at the local School Board over consideration of requiring masks in the classroom.  Despite receiving testimony from 4 doctors and 2 public health officials, The Board decided not to require masks; thus placating their emphatic crowd of voters. 

Her 8 year-old daughter caught the disease at school 3 weeks later, despite carefully wearing her mask indoors. 

We know she contracted the disease at school, because other symptomatic children had tested positive a week earlier, and neither this child nor her older sister were allowed to go anywhere else except to school, living on a remote ranch.  Nobody else in the family tested positive when she came home with a headache and coughing.  

The little girl was understandably very scared that she would die.  Her healthy, 34 year-old mom figured that her Moderna vaccines and booster would give her some protection, so she slept in her daughter's room to give comfort.

Mom promptly caught the disease.  A week later she entered the local hospital where she died 6 days later of pneumonia, while on an ICU respirator, despite receiving high dose monoclonal antibodies.   

Her husband is almost irrationally angry over the School Board decision, and her two daughters (8 and 11) are now without a mom.   The School Board,  listening to half-informed and hysterical parents screaming about their individual rights to choose, left this family with no safe options.  The family  could only take the disease risks and try to mitigate them with their own masks, or violate State and local laws by holding their kids out of school. 

Few seem to realize, as yet,  that by exercising our "right to choose" we are selfishly choosing for everybody else and predisposing their options by our actions.   

Sadly, the media continues to do a grand job of enriching themselves by perpetuating vaguery and political controversy and  confusing people about the medical facts.  Now nearly a Million Americans and their families have paid the big price for that irresponsible confusion.   

I'm so sick of the bug and all the media about it. Make your own choice and if you are at a higher risk take more precautions or stay at home. My wife has auto immune of the liver. Neither of us caught the bug until we took the vaccine. Go figure. So for those that think the vaccine is the answer take it. If its so great you don't have to worry about whether anyone else gets it or not. Everyone says you only have mild symptoms after taking the vaccine so it should not matter if anyone else takes the vaccine or even wears a mask.  

You have the right to choose to selfishly own a gun, so why should others not have the right to choose what they put in there body? What are the long term effects? Thats right you don't know. 

It only matters what you do. God bless all of you. Live your life to the fullest you can and let others do the same.

23 minutes ago, Slapshot said:

You have the right to choose to selfishly own a gun, so why should others not have the right to choose what they put in there body?

We do have that right to own a gun, but we don't have a right to fire that gun irresponsibly into the air to enjoy celebrating New Years Eve, disregarding other persons life or safety.  All of those other people have interfacing Constitutional Rights too and we have no right to ignore and step on them.   

We all have a right to choose whether or not to be vaccinated.  For some it is a harder and more complicated choice than it is for others.  And the media and a few irresponsible, grandstanding medical people continue to further confuse people. 

The different vaccines clearly aren't for everybody and they protects (or threaten) different people differentialy.   So I agree the choice whether or not to be vaccinated is a personal choice that needs to be individually made by people consulting with their own medical professionals who know their particular medical situation.  But a part of that consideration ought to be understanding the added risk that we present to others around us by remaining less protected.  

Factually speaking, a person cannot contract the COVID virus from the contents of the several vaccines.  People can have serious  adverse side reactions, but those reactions are not the virus itself --at least not virus caught from the vaccine.  Cases where vacvine-caused infection have been reported all had side exposure to many other people in the vaccine time frame. 

I guess the wearing of a mask to reduce our likelihood of being an unknowing COVID spreader is a personal choice too.  But the choice to just put on a painless, risk-less mask in crowds or indoors in order to help protect the other people around us, seems to me to be a very small compromise toward practicing common decency.  Just asserting that everyone else can stay confined at home so that we can be free to make our own choices (choices that otherwise would increase their risk of  endangerment), falls someplace short of that common decency, IMO.   

It is sad to hear about anybody dying from this.

However... that 34 year old mom knowingly took up residence in an infected persons bedroom.
She intentionally violated "quarantine" and she intentionally exposed herself to COVID.

We all have significant personal responsibility to protect against infection.
Intentionally putting ourselves in harm's way is not taking responsibility.

Q: did the Mom perform all the vigorous sterilization of the room, and disinfect all surfaces on a constant basis?
Q: did the Mom being the regimen of Zinc, L-Lysine, Vit-C and Vit-D?
Q: did the Mom who intentionally violated quarantine do so with a fresh N95 mask on a 24x7 basis?

Q: did the Mom begin a rigorous steaming of her nose and sinus cavities as a preventative after moving into a COVID environment?

Q: dis the Mom constantly sterilize her hands and avoid touching her face?
Q: was all the exposed bedding and clothing washed every single day?
Q: was the infected child in a fresh mask 24x7?

Or, did the Mom blindly believe the propaganda from those damn fools who push vaccines as a false panacea, so she did none of the above, and it killed her?

Like most diseases, COVID passes by hands to eyes, nose and mouth.
These are the entry points, and the reason why constant sterilization of hands and surfaces is MANDATORY with this bug.

My Dad was a doctor and he POUNDED that lesson into me as a kid.

COVID resides in the nose, sinus and throat area before it descends into the lungs.
Exposure to hot steam KILLS the bug.

Two of my daughters are R.N.s and balls-deep in COVID, along with all the other nurses who work those 12 and 16 hours shifts in the COVID wards.
They understand the need for the above protocols, which is why they have worked 2+ years around these patients without getting infected.

Attempting to blame that Mom's death on parents objecting to masks is a cop-out.
It is up to each of us to follow the sterilization protocols to keep us from infection.
Blindly trusting an experimental shot and experimental booster as a replacement for protecting one's self is a fool's errand, and doing so does kill people.

Archived