SASS Wire Forum

DECIDED NOT TO SELL!

Thinning the herd a bit...For sale.  Scarce john Marlin 1894 CTLD Century Limited rifle in .44-40 (44 WCF).  Only 2500 made in 1994 to celebrate 100 years of Marlins's 1894 lever action. It features Doug Turnbull real bone color case hardening and engraving designed by Bottega Giovanelli.  Furniture is figured walnut. Mechanically perfect and it is slick and smooth the way Marlins use to be.  Metal 98+% and wood has minor marks from being used a a SASS main match rifle in Cowboy Action Shooting.  These have all but dried up.  Don't miss your chance!  Buyer pays $50 shipping and insurance for full value.  I am not an FFL, so make sure your dealer will receive from a non-FFL with proper ID, or there will be an additional $45 charge to have my local FFL process it.  USPS postal money orders or p@y p@l friends and family only.

Listed on Gunbroker, so once there is a bid there, I am committed to that sale.  SASS Wire Price is $1700 FIRM, no trades.  My Gunbroker listing starts at $1795 to cover fees. Gunbroker will charge you sales tax, also....

Cent1.jpg

Cent2.jpg

Cent3.jpg

Cent4.jpg

Cent5.jpg

Century.jpg

ctld2.jpeg

ctld3.jpeg

ctld4.jpeg

ctld5.jpeg

You never see color case like that any more!  It has a really slick Marlin action.  Noting like the Remlins....

Ooooh that’s purdy

I have a Marlin Cowboy in 44-40, octagon barrel but alas no CCH or engraving.

If I had the gold, that one of yours would have a new home starting today !

BTW, I’m still liking that “Saber River” 1860 I got from you a few years back.

Good luck with your sale !

Yep.  Its on gunbroker, too, though if you buy here, you save sales tax and compliance fees, etc.  When the gun broker listing ends in 3 and a half days, I am pulling the listing here, also.  I don't need to sell, and I have other things coming up that demand my full attention.

I have bought guns from Tuolumne Lawman in the past .

He is a good Man to deal with and has always over delivered on the deal .

Rooster

Yep, sorry, not for sale.  I really don't know what I was thinking other than thinning the herd a bit.  Its my favorite to use in Wild Bunch matches, anyway.  Id just end up looking for another Marlin in 44-40, on down the road!  From a rest, I can break a clay pigeon on the 10 yard berm every shot with this rifle....

You would have to hunt around to find another 44-40 Marlin, and you would probably never find another one like that!  Remember, he who dies with the most toys wins.  :)

Archived