Wing sauce?

Mine are pretty simple. 

A little spicy. 

1/3 Frank’s Wing’s Hot Sauce

2/3 Ken’s Ranch dressing

A little barbecuie.

1/2 Ken’s Ranch dressing

1/4 French’s mustard

1/4 Sticky Fingers bbq sauce (either Carolina Classic or Memphis Original)

OR

a dipping container 2/3 full of Frank’s Wing’s hot sauce with several dashes of Cholula Chili Garlic sauce. 

Franks wing sauce and blue cheese crumbles. We put that %&$#@& on everything!

You've probably got the online ones - I also use Franks - have to tone it down a bit for my wife.  Probably worth your while to look up the baking powder oven recipe for crispy wings.  Easy, no clean up and not bad at all.  Probably healthier, but at my age, I don't give a Rip!:P

52 minutes ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

Don’t laugh, but the dollar store has a wing sauce that is good. Wife freezes the wing pieces in the sauce. Thaw, air fry, done

What’s it called?

I don’t/won’t eat wings!!  Ain’t worth the effort!!

I enjoy breast filets and strips. I usually sprinkle them generously with Tapatio and some chipotle pepper.  Once they’re heated up in the oven, I serve ‘em up with a good chunky Bleu Cheese dressing on the side and often some fried dill pickles.

If I want ‘em really spicy, I’ll take the Tapatio and stir in some cayenne, chipotle, cumin, and chili powder and put it in a ramekin for dipping! 

Some of my guests prefer a ranch dressing.  

A good hot Chinese mustard is another sterling choice!

Just now, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

what's so special about wings that they need their own special sauce ?      'specially now ?  :huh:

Why do Prawns on the barbie require a special Australian Marinade - because they are different but both great in different ways!

17 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

prawns don't require a marinade, "special Australian" nor any other type ....... barbie-qued or boiled ....... 

No, they're just better. Obviously you've missed out on one of your national treasures.  if you like, I'll post a link to the recipe.  :)

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

No, they're just better. Obviously you've missed out on one of your national treasures.  if you like, I'll post a link to the recipe.  :)

please don't, ...... I'm feeling queasy as it is ......   :blink:

2 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Sorry, didn't even think of that all the Australians I knew were apparently tougher stuff from a different era.

.................. yeah, .....I don't drink beer, ........

......................but I'm tough to eat Vegemite and have pineapple on my pizza  :blush:

9 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

......................but I'm tough to eat Vegemite and have pineapple on my pizza  :blush:

I really hope you don’t put vegemite on yer pizza.

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I really hope you don’t put vegemite on yer pizza.

I haven't had a pizza that was bad enough to need it .... ;)

.... but I am a bit fussy .....   :blush:

Ok you characters…let’s get back to the sauce, not the whiskey, the wing sauce. I am trolling for ideas. :D

@Trigger Mike I am going to try your wife’s idea. That sounds good. Does she do that with breaded deep fried with or non breaded?

7 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

my wife shakes up her cooked wings in a mixture of butter and franks.  

Most online recipes are franks and butter with a few spices. The fat in the butter holds down some of the heat until after you swallow, like chocolate with cayenne.

6 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

"Baby Ray's BBQ sauce"

..........Widder

That’s pretty good for a mild sauce on smoked chicken.  There are several varieties of it.  Great as a mild dipping sauce for fried chicken strips!

10 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Well, my Australian friends and I drank just about anything with alcohol and had some wild times.  As to tough and vegimite, Mum used to make sandwiches for herself with just that.  I had an English girlfriend who would eat it by the spoonful!  That is tough!

4 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Well, my Australian friends and I drank just about anything with alcohol and had some wild times.  As to tough and vegimite, Mum used to make sandwiches for herself with just that.  I had an English girlfriend who would eat it by the spoonful!  That is tough!

yep, .......... that IS tough .......   :wub:

10 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

The Sweet Baby Rays's sauce is pretty good.

My go-to favorite, available at our local Sam's Club, Rickey's World Famous Chicken Wing Sauce:

image.png.74839e2f5450909901f15841f8f07eac.png

Thanks, I'm going to look for it the next time I'm in there.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:28 PM, Rip Snorter said:

Isn't that kind of like teaching a fish to swim?  :lol:

Archived