SASS Wire Forum

FYI Large and Small Rifle Primers

X Mark

Brownells has both rifle primers on their site right now.

Alas, no pistol primers !

FYI, I have been loading practice ammo ,38s, with small rifle primers. They work well unless you have a lite hammer fall. I am just telling you what I have been doing while I look for good pistol primer, not a recommendation just a statement. Doc

1 hour ago, dokdoc #61722 said:

FYI, I have been loading practice ammo ,38s, with small rifle primers. They work well unless you have a lite hammer fall. I am just telling you what I have been doing while I look for good pistol primer, not a recommendation just a statement. Doc

Small rifle is the same primer as small pistol .Just a bit of info. Not so with large pistol and large rifle

Howdy Pard 

And thanks for the info. For one of my shootin’ buddies ill health pretty much put paid to his cowboy shooting. He sold me a brick of small pistol primers. Will keep me going for a while. Have a decent supply of small rifle primers. Nonetheless, nice to know they can substitute for each other if worse comes to worse.

Good to know.

Thanks and Adios 

Fort Reno Kid 

Brownells also shows Cheddite 209 primers in stock (for those who missed out on Ballistic Products recent sale.)  Limit of 2,000 209s.  Buy these along with rifle primers to spread out the shipping/HAZMAT cost.

Archived