SASS Wire Forum

Roll mark a replacement barrel?

portugeejn

Just purchased an Uberti (revolver) barrel from VTI, and it came marked with the caliber etc. on the left side as normal & Uberti underneath, but nothing on the top of the barrel where the manufacturer & address usually is. It looks strange naked like that. 

Who can do some kind of roll mark or engraving on it?  Don’t want to spend much more money on the project, but my old eyes were wanting a longer barrel for shooting and it looks weird with nothing there on the top of the barrel. 

Portugee John

I believe that Run-n-Iron and Turnbull both will do custom roll marking.   THAT will be expensive unless they already have the correct roll die.  They would for many Winchester, Marlin or Colt roll marks, most likely.  They WON'T for Uberti.  Bet you would be the first to ask for a Uberti roll mark.

If you are pricing sensitive AND this is just a Uberti rifle, then engraving by a good engraver will be a LOT cheaper.  

But me, I wouldn't care a bit.  That gun is a shooter to me, not an eye grabber.  I would not add a thing that did not improve it's shooting capability.

good luck, GJ

im with joe on this - that is a "tool" in our game and not worth embellishing for cosmetics only to me - if it handles better or shoots better i would go for it , but then its my take , i would agree you can get it lazer engraved cheaper than roll marked tho ,  

The roll mark is usually the importer not the maker, i.e., Taylor, Cimarron, EMF, etc.  VTI sells "Uberti" parts to fit all Ubertis imported by the different importers so leaving the importer's name off makes marketing sense.

Go to a local jeweler or trophy shop and have it engraved there.

Archived